Thoughts on Scubapro K2 socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I've never seen the Scubapro K2 socks in person. Before I order online, can anyone share thoughts on them?

Need them for 50F/10C water.

Preference is to wear them outside my undergarments.

Looking for something stretchy which will prevent material from bunching up around my ankles. I want a sleek foot and ankle to keep gas from getting trapped down there.

I've avoided that style of sock for the exact reasons you've mentioned, and have been using wool mountaineering socks instead as they don't bunch up or fold over and stay on my feet when removing my drysuit. I wear them over my base layer and under my thermal layer. I'm sure those scubapro socks would work, but before you do, consider you could get two pairs of Darn Tough Vermont wool socks for the same price, and use them inside your boots in the winter too. Take a look at style #1953, nice tradeoff between bulk and warmth. They have just enough spandex and nylon content in addition to the wool to keep their size and shape, even after normal wash/dry (low heat). My feet stay warm enough on 1hr dives at temps in the 40 degree F range.

Back
Top Bottom