Thoughts on DGX 600 as primary dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not a DRIS 1000 lumen light that uses C cell batt and 5 hours life vs the 1 hour life of the DGX 600? Just wondering if the DGX 600 is better. Price difference I think is $10.

because rechargeable C cells aren't readily available, and C cells are expensive. The DGX 600 will go 1 hour on high, which is more than long enough for most people, and you will leave it on medium most of the time in my experience...

What is this high /medium DGX600 you speak of?

sorry, forgot the dgx lights are single mode.

That said. The follow three things, while a bit more expensive at $80 vs $50 are a much better option overall. Or you could look at it as $110 vs $100 for a pair of each. An extra $10 gets you get a comparable quality light, though it is a magnetic button the back for three brightness settings. You get a pair of panasonic batteries that are much higher quality than the chinese junk that comes with most of these lights, and you get a much higher quality charger that will charge both batteries and give you voltage readings and other good things about your batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8Z7PZC...UTF8&colid=20R1B8EYPPCRL&coliid=IPJFBTD2D2FQT

Amazon.com: Nitecore D2 Digicharger Bundle with EASTSHINE EB182 Battery Box and Car Charger: Electronics

Amazon.com: 2pcs KeepPower 3400mAh li ion protected 18650 battery Panasonic NCR18650B Cell Built In: Electronics

Why not a DRIS 1000 lumen light that uses C cell batt and 5 hours life vs the 1 hour life of the DGX 600? Just wondering if the DGX 600 is better. Price difference I think is $10.

I have both, and use both. If I had to choose one, it would be the DGX600. The DGX600 is the best $50 you will ever spend.

Just to throw another wrinkle into the mix since I've been pondering the exact same thing, what about the DRIS Mini G 600? About the same price, better burn time, and has multiple battery options?

Thoughts?

Mini G 600

R.

I was looking for a light with variable intensity for clear water tropical diving (day and night). Neither the DGX600 nor the DRIS mini 600 have variable intensity. The Securitylng light mentioned above seems to fit the bill.

Just to throw another wrinkle into the mix since I've been pondering the exact same thing, what about the DRIS Mini G 600? About the same price, better burn time, and has multiple battery options?

Thoughts?

Mini G 600

R.

I'm thinking of the DRIS Mini G 600 too vs the DRIS 1K Shorty. Is the soft goodman handle better for either one compared to the hard goodman handle (both from DRIS)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom