Thought on cheese whiz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK,
Enough of the foolishness.
True or false:
Fish cannot digest canned cheese whiz?
If they are not grievously harmed by the empty, yet oh so yummy calories, that seems fine to me.
However, If they are in some way damaged, well then, we ought NOT to feed them the stuff.
Chug
Drops small dead Lions around the place.

What evidence do we have that they are harmed? I attract them with cheese whiz, then shoot them in the face take them home and cook/eat them. I'm not sure where the issue is here.

I'm confused - how is this different than cheese whiz?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Just curious - what natural food are you referring to?

Those who feed the fish here seem to prefer peas... I still prefer rubbing two rocks together. When I said "natural" I wasn't necessarily referring to something they eat in their local environment, but to foods they can eat that are not processed like cheez whiz.

---------- Post added November 2nd, 2013 at 07:26 AM ----------

They're just fish man. Top of the food chain playing with bottom of the food chain. It's the circle of life.

I certainly hope you keep that in mind when the great white, tiger or bull shark decides to chomp down

I knew this was one of those ? Both sides make good points but I'm still on the fence. I'm no hunter but an avid fisherman I don't know what to think about the spray and spear method

Can I feed cheese wiz if I only feed it to the lionfish?

Vienna sausage works good for eels.

I met a guide in Thailand who was feeding/attracting a local eel with Vienna sausages but one day was too slow getting the little sausages out of the bag. Guess what part of the body looks like a Vienna Sausage when you dive.

NO....he had trunks on.:D It was his thumb. Munch, crunch and with a yell underwater the finger was gone. Later a doctor in Bangkok replaced his miss thumb with one of is toes...and it works. When I dove with him I didn't even noticed.

Since then I have seen the YouTube video of the incident and also saw it on Netflix ,"When Fish Attack" with an interview with him.

I certainly hope you keep that in mind when the great white, tiger or bull shark decides to chomp down

LOL, such a good point, how easily the food chain can be turned on it's head.

I personally don't like feeding fish anything, I could careless about their diet, I just don't like to see marine behavior altered. God knows we've been going through at least 5 years of bone heads believing they are teaching groupers and morays to each lion fish by hand feeding them speared ones. 5 years later we have no groupers or morays who now love the taste of lionfish, but we've got plenty of them that follow divers around because they associate divers with free food now. It's kind of cool for about 60 seconds to have a huge grouper follow you on your dive, then it turns into a pain in the ass.

I met a guide in Thailand who was feeding/attracting a local eel with Vienna sausages but one day was too slow getting the little sausages out of the bag. Guess what part of the body looks like a Vienna Sausage when you dive.

NO....he had trunks on.:D It was his thumb. Munch, crunch and with a yell underwater the finger was gone. Later a doctor in Bangkok replaced his miss thumb with one of is toes...and it works. When I dove with him I didn't even noticed.

Since then I have seen the YouTube video of the incident and also saw it on Netflix ,"When Fish Attack" with an interview with him.

What the he** kind of eels was he feeding? I'm talking about Sargasso eels in Vortex Spring. They have teeth like catfish and will nibble fingers, but they are harmless.

I knew this was one of those ? Both sides make good points but I'm still on the fence. I'm no hunter but an avid fisherman I don't know what to think about the spray and spear method

LOL. I was kidding. I don't really do that. But it's fun to wind people up sometimes.

---------- Post added November 4th, 2013 at 08:26 AM ----------

It's kind of cool for about 60 seconds to have a huge grouper follow you on your dive, then it turns into a pain in the ass.

Where exactly is this huge grouper that follows divers? I'm pretty sure I can resolve that issue and have a nice dinner too :D

---------- Post added November 4th, 2013 at 08:27 AM ----------

What the he** kind of eels was he feeding? I'm talking about Sargasso eels in Vortex Spring. They have teeth like catfish and will nibble fingers, but they are harmless.

Have you seen the teeth on a moray eel? They look like the teeth on a barracuda.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom