Those little accessories that make diving better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, fin grips are now no longer in production anywhere in the world in any colour other than black.

:depressed:

Bungie Cord on second stage.
Neoprene mask "slap" strap.
Large tupperware box to hold my stuff. Doesn't go anywhere in the car or on the boat and keeps everything organized and stored neatly away.

:depressed:

I am delighted to announce that my report of the worldwide demise of fin grips in colours other than black may have been a little premature. I have just Googled up the following machine-translated web page of an online store in Japan retailing fin grips in sizes M, L and XL in light blue as well as black:

img55946370.jpg

Rakuten - GULL fin support

The source of the fin grips is Gull (GULL ---???????-- -), Japan's premier traditional diving equipment company which still manufactures fins the old-fashioned way. The price quoted by the Japanese online retailer Rakuten is ¥945, which is about US$10.45. Besides the colour, it's impossible to get XL fin grips here in the West, where L is the largest size, so this is something of a find.

1. spring straps for my jets
2. Seacure mouth piece
3. back plate - KISS - facilitated a place for everything and everything in it's place.
4. little Rat Jr. LED backup lights with SS clips to d-rings that fit perfectly on my web straps. great for backup and great for primary in tropics.
5. wrist mounted guages/compass with bungees - from DSS - I wish they made something for the Sol.
6. baby shampoo to keep the mask clear - the other stuff will make your eyes sting - bad.
7. A biiig sausage because if they can't see you, you ain't gettin' picked up. Either scubatoys yellow/orange or even better Dan's with the mirror and whistle or add them to the former.
8. extra bungee cord - for what ever.

Magnifying glass. There's a lot more to see than I can with just my eyes.
Folding snorkel.. stays in the pocket until it's wanted.
Spring straps .. can't imagine what it was like before them.
Oh.. and maybe the "orange shovel" :wink:

Magnifying glass. There's a lot more to see than I can with just my eyes.
Folding snorkel.. stays in the pocket until it's wanted.
Spring straps .. can't imagine what it was like before them.
Oh.. and maybe the "orange shovel" :wink:

The folding snorkel seemed like a good idea until I tried using it. Mine's the Oceanic folding snorkel, and it's much too narrow. When you need the snorkel in scuba it's for surface swimming, and surface swimming in Cal ocean is hard work. The Oceanic just does not cut it.

One useful gadget I take with me is watered down hair conditioner in a spray bottle. I spray that into my wetsuit, hood, boots and gloves to make donning much easier.

Adam

One useful gadget I take with me is watered down hair conditioner in a spray bottle. I spray that into my wetsuit, hood, boots and gloves to make donning much easier.

As a girl, I bring a whole bottle of conditioner with me EVERY TIME I dive. (No, I don't use the whole thing...) I learned that when diving with a hood, my long, luxurious hair gets all knotted and dry after a dive. By rubbing some conditioner into my dry hair before donning the hood, it allows the conditioner to mix in during the dive. After the dive, hood comes off, a quick rinse and voila! And it smells good too. So my "must have dive accessory" is really hair conditioner.

The folding snorkel seemed like a good idea until I tried using it. Mine's the Oceanic folding snorkel, and it's much too narrow. When you need the snorkel in scuba it's for surface swimming, and surface swimming in Cal ocean is hard work. The Oceanic just does not cut it. ...
Adam

Agree with you on that. If I was in an environment where I needed to use a snorkel on each dive or in choppy seas, I would just wear a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom