This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a really nice weekend for diving. My buddy and I had reservations at Lobos tomorrow but I've been slide-lined with a head cold (again). Ah well, we had great diving conditions a few weeks ago when the forecast was calling for a blow out.

If vis sucks, please post the horrible details. If it's flat and 50+ feet, keep it to yourself! :depressed:

Finally some good conditions, and I have to get a head cold. ;-(

Chuck
Sorry to hear that. I miss your dive report for today. Back tomorrow perhaps?
Anyways, vis report is active on ba_diving:)

Last edited:
Viz at Mcabee was pretty good. Once you got passed some recently churned up plant bits, it opened up nice to I think 20 to 25ft. Hardly any phytoplankton in the water column.

Vis at the breakwater was 15 to 20ft. There was a lot more sand than my last dive there---the admiralty anchor was almost completely exposed then, it's almost completly buried now.

Dives went ok. The initial neck seal trim on my new drysuit had to be opened another 1/8 inch between dives. I've gone through several sets of seals & hoods on my old Viking & was surprised how small the face opening was on the new one. It actually interfered with my eyes and ability to get my snorkle into my mouth! So that got trimmed too.

The one surprise for the day was bouyancy. I've lost 30 to 40 lbs since my last dive & hoped I might be able to remove a little weight from my belt. But...I sprung for some new, very thick, undergarments and had to add weight instead. Something to fine tune over the next few dives.

Butterfly House had about 40'vis, blue, sunny, 48ºF, low tide,
I did outer Butterfly off a boat late in the afternoon. At one point, my computer showed 44F, and there was another fellow in our group who got the same on his computer. That's the coldest I have ever seen in this area! Bluntly put, I froze my tail off. Next time I'll layer up a bit more.

Bruce

My buddy said it was 47F, but I wasn't sure I believed it till today's posts. My new undergarments may require more weight, but I was warm. My old set were chilly in the low 50F's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom