This was a shock today. A 20+ year old haunting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I got a call at home today from an old Deputy I haven’t talked to in years.

He says, “You sitting down”? No. “Go find a seat”.

I’m thinking all kinds of things about now but not what he dropped on me.

He asked if I remembered the little one we got out of Hayden Lake back in the late 70’s or early 80s. I asked, The Toddler and he says yes, that one.

He asked me whatever happened with that case. I told him I didn’t know but I thought it was ruled an accidental drowning.

He say’s, remember so-in-so? I say yes but I haven’t heard that name in a lot of years is she even still alive? He says, yes she is and she just confided in him that she killed the kid and it is bugging her now. Then he went into details on how she said she did it.

Woha, WHAT! Then he tells me again. It’s kind of like the Peas and Carrots thing about right now. Still in shock I get him lined up with the detectives.

I don’t even know if the records still exist. I have the scrapbook stuff and that may be all that is left. Right now I just can't get up the nerve to look at it. This was not a good case. Maybe tomorrow I can, time will tell.

Gary D.

Whoa, what a strange thing to happen. Well maybe it isn't so strange. People sometimes can't live with the things they have done and have to get it out. This would be a hard one to deal with I am sure. Take care Gary and do what you need to do.

Wow... put to rest in your mind and then suddenly come back to life. We are here if that is any consolation to you!

wow dude,
really sorry to hear that, like ND said, bubble away on the board and we'll listen

Scubafreak

Don't think I would be able to do what you guys do. I hope that everything works out for you as well as the others.

Happy Holidays, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom