This looks like a job for the GEEK SQUAD...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way.. thanks for the chuckle ScubaTexan! My hubby's favorite is when someone emails him to ask if the internet is down...

c-monkey:
By the way.. thanks for the chuckle ScubaTexan! My hubby's favorite is when someone emails him to ask if the internet is down...

justleesa:
lol, thanks for the giggle :wink:

You're welcome. My personal favorite is when the Weather Channel says they will e-mail you when there is a tornado warning in your area. Yeah, I'm going to stick around for that one.... :icon_roll

pants!:
The Geek Squad makes me so angry at Best Buy.

I actually told an overly helpful one "I don't work for your stupid Geek Squad because I'm way overqualified. I probably make twice your salary implementing enterprise network security. I don't need your know-it-all butt trying to tell me I need to bring my PC in because it has spyware. Now quit assuming you're a damn superhero, leave the condescending attitude in the back room with your A+ certification, and leave me alone" the other day.

I had never been so ready to punch someone in my life.

I get to throw their resumes in the trashcan at work, so I'm usually pretty tolerant and patient with them when I run into them at fry's...

H2Andy:
don't taunt him, i think he's going to snap any moment now!

how would you feel if your username was pants and your first name was under?
You know me, I would totally embrace that. :11ztongue

c-monkey:
My hubby's favorite is when someone emails him to ask if the internet is down...
Reminds of the time I was babysitting a TV transmitter. Having no backup generator, a power failure took us off the air. The general manager of the station called up and asked me to put up slide telling the viewers why we were off air. :wink:

My Mom called the other day...

Mom:"I can't send email"
Me: "can you get on the internet?"
Mom: "But I don't want to get on the internet, I just want to send email..."

I love her, but sometimes it's tough telling someone who used to type 60 wpm on a manual typerwriter that she doesn't need the white out on her new computer...

Aloha, Tim

I've been on both ends of this...

"Hi, this is Celine. I can't get my diskette out...
Customer: No ... wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my desk... sorry...."

See, I actually am this scattered.

On the other hand... at my last job, I became the "tech" despite my philosophy of repairing computers by clicking on stuff and seeing what happens, and had a guy tell me his computer was "broken" and wouldn't start up, he'd tried everything but he just got the same error message.

I looked at the screen, reached over, ejected the disc from the A drive, and hit a key (though this defective keyboard didn't have an "any" key).. Resurrection!

Of course, at my new job, I'm the one reading the book on a new program, giving my colleagues a blank look, and asking if they make an "Idiot's Guide to..." to which they usually respond "you just read it."

Back
Top Bottom