This is it ......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Final exam tomorrow and then OPEN WATER CHECK DIVE THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY !

ANY LAST minute advice ??? :confused:

The water would be cold but, better now than later....

WISH ME LUCK GUYS :wink:

The answer to Question 5 and 6 are both C

Also do your skills nice and slow, break them down into 3 or 4 parts for each skill.

Know your tables back to front :confused:

The answers to your final exam are as follows:

abbacadaba

As for your open water skills, take your time in doing them. After all, you are not going anywhere (except for maybe straight up?) Also, relax. You are there to have fun too. You have already done all the skills in the pool and it is really no different in OW.

Question: Is your OW in fresh or salt?

I did mine here in Puget Sound.....about 50 degrees, and to tell you the truth, just the fun and excitement of being under water, I never even gave a thought to the fact that it might be cold.

fresh water at a Quarry. I know .. i know but we been practising in outdoor unheated pool lately !!!! 55 deg water with 49 degree air temp !

Hopefully i will like diving after the Check Dive and then off to Equipment shopping (the fun part) !!!

Relax have fun, you are only repeating skills you have already mastered in cofined water,

You asked us to wish you luck, so good luck. You won't need it though because you're excited to dive and you've done skills in confined water. I agree with others; take your time and enjoy the diving!!!

Paco

Just completed my OW in Sharm Egypt last week - went fine was totally focused and so excited!!
My world has changed for ever - Ow is just the first of the many SCUBA challenges that I hope to take and Im sure youll feel the same!!
My first open water dives just blew me away - so as others have said relax, focus enjoy and experience the biggest high you've ever had - Im really excited for you too GOOD LUCK :) :D

... I was following the other thread you had going about the crap-ola equipment that your LDS has provided for you. Please be extra extra careful since you have decided to go ahead and complete your OW dives with them!

I have decided to purchase my own oneill dive suit that fits :) had it in the pool last night and it was way more comfortable. Still i am loking to rent a hood, bootie and gloves from the Quarry.

Well, off to my final exam !! :)

i am sorta nervous and not about tomorrow check out dives ! Hope i dont panic :) I usually dont panic at the pool but this is open water !! :jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom