Thinking of going Commercial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not going to compare resumes on here. Ive been diving 12 years and dived in most parts of the world save the north sea and australia. I can see for myself how ruthless this industry is.

If you were a global hand then you can see what happened with the Saudi Job. That summed up Global.
Who made money in the middle east and India for Global 4 years ago and who's running **** in asia now? you'll get an idea of what Im talking about.

Im not going to compete or blow smoke up anyones ass. Im giving guys the straight ahead deal on this ****. No one wants to tend in the gulf for 9 bucks an hour.

Get the most basic IMCA ticket the cheapest possible way
Get some inshore experience
get to asia
air dive for 3 years
get in sat
avoid the states
good to go

Im in this for a **** tonne of money with no schooling. I suggest guys have the same mentality. Im not promoting anything and would actually prefer everyone stay out of the biz cause It means more work for me :)

Cam

So what is the Sat pay seal to seal ? Which company is paying these rates ? I have over 9000 logged hours of Sat. I would love to earn more if I could ?

Help a brother out !

I'm not aware of "what happened in Saudi Arabia," to which you refer. I left Global in 2006. At that time, I was the Director of Diving Operations Asia/Pacific with my offices in Jakarta. When I left Global, I became an independent Diving Operations Consultant to big oil. In January 2011, I was hired by Holt & Co. Securities to evaluate the status of Global's diving assets. Global ended-up selling for just over $1B. With this merger, Technip's 2012 income is projected to be approx. $10B. The Technip/Global transaction is a merger in that the staff of Global (for the most part) is to be retained. Global adds capabilities in S-Lay and Heavy Lift, which were sought after by Technip. It's now the world's largest Subsea contractor.

With every large company, there is someone who has a reason to gripe. I can only speak from my personal experience. I believe that Global was an excellent employer, with an outstanding safety record. I've worked in the Commercial Diving sector for 40 years and been employed by several companies. Global was hands-down the best that I was involved with. I'd be interested in hearing your "personal experience" with Global and Technip. Please don't comment on what you've heard, but what you know.

...If you were a global hand then you can see what happened with the Saudi Job. That summed up Global.
Who made money in the middle east and India for Global 4 years ago and who's running **** in asia now? you'll get an idea of what Im talking about.

Cam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom