Thinking of getting more invoved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from a great trip to Belize, where I dove off Ambergris caye and Lighthouse reef.
Upon arrival in Belize my Ikelite AF35 flash would not charge as I noticed the contacts in the battery compartment has corroded. I had purchased my current set up off Craig s list for a great price and it has served me well. (Canon A640)

My wife recently purchased a Canon 7D and has given me permission to use the 50D as my underwater camera.
So I'm looking for some help with kitting it up for UW.
I'm a cold water pacific northwest diver so I'm thinking 2 strobes.
What does everyone think in terms of housing, ports, starter lens and strobes

Thanks
J

I would think you would be able to find a used housing for the 50D. Apparently 40D housings work on the 50D as well though I would double check that. I will second the dual strobe approach. I used Inon S2000s and love them though I think the D2000s are more powerful. I am more of warm/clear water diver so the S2000s work for me.

I agree the 60mm would be a great first lens for it.

I use a Watershot housing that allows me to shoot optical TTL. I believe you can do the same with those as well though it may not be the way they were intended. I have a pns Ikelite housing that I have the means to shoot TTL with.

Back
Top Bottom