Thinking of buying a new boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my 16 foot boat out to the 14 mile bank loaded with gas cans and one of the bigger boats had someone call out, "Where is your mother ship?" Cracked me up...............Lol

Don't get something that has to sit in the water...sucker will corrode away without CONSTANT attention.
1.- Fiberglass boats don't "corrode away"
2.- The OP is a hull cleaner by trade. Pretty sure he knows what's involved with maintaining a boat that lives in the water

1.- Fiberglass boats don't "corrode away"
2.- The OP is a hull cleaner by trade. Pretty sure he knows what's involved with maintaining a boat that lives in the water

<scratches head> Tell that to all of the owners of sailboats in the boatyard having the blisters ground out of the hull. Everything that sits in salt water "Corrodes away". Some just takes longer than others.

I'm pretty sure anyone who has owned a fiberglass boat knows this.

<scratches head> Tell that to all of the owners of sailboats in the boatyard having the blisters ground out of the hull. Everything that sits in salt water "Corrodes away". Some just takes longer than others.

I'm pretty sure anyone who has owned a fiberglass boat knows this.
1.- Osmotic blisters are not corrosion or anything remotely like it
2.- Not all fiberglass boats develop blisters
3.- With proper maintenance, virtually any fiberglass boat ever built will outlast you, me and anybody reading this

I have a 27 cc

Its too small

Back
Top Bottom