Thinking about starting a family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverEMT

Reaction score
Ok, I need some advice ladies...
My husband and I have been talking about starting a family. I'm concerned about getting pregnant and not knowing right away and diving. I know that as soon as I know that I should not continue to dive. But, will one dive hurt if I don't know. I have been told that most women know long before tests can even tell.
Also will diving reduce my chances of getting pregnant?
Any info or advice would be helpful. My mom quit diving long before I was born.

Well, I would check with GUE, but for a DIR family, children have to be stored just off your right hip and they must be black.

Just kidding. AFAIK, diving has not been shown to reduce fertility rates, unless you are off diving all weekend and your mate isn't. I don't think one dive would hurt, but there really have been no studies of the effects of diving on pregnancy. The safest way is to stop diving now. At the very least, I would stop just as soon as pregnency is known or even suspected.

Usual disclaimers apply. YMMV, etc.

What he said..
Have you looked in the womans forum? This subject gets brought up what seems like every other month. Lots of good discussions, and opinions.
The jist of it all is don't dive while pregnant, stop as soon as you know you are pregnant, or don't dive at all.

sharpenu:
Well, I would check with GUE, but for a DIR family, children have to be stored just off your right hip and they must be black.

Just kidding. AFAIK, diving has not been shown to reduce fertility rates, unless you are off diving all weekend and your mate isn't. I don't think one dive would hurt, but there really have been no studies of the effects of diving on pregnancy. The safest way is to stop diving now. At the very least, I would stop just as soon as pregnency is known or even suspected.

Usual disclaimers apply. YMMV, etc.

I just looked it up in an old copy of Dan magazine I had laying around and they said the same thing. Sounds like good advice. :)

P.S I found 5 abandoned kittens this weekend you can adopt if you want , wont interfere with diving at all :)

sharpenu:

If you're gonna type something like this, please give warning. I had Bud Light go in my mouth, out my nose and on my screen and keyboard. Needless to say, THIS WAS HILARIOUS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom