thinking about buying my first gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobbies never make financial sense and I'm always surprised when I see the cost/benfit analysis done on hobbies. Does a Ranger Bassboat make financial sense, a set of Ping golf clubs or just about any other hobby us men get into? - Answer: No. Having engaged in lots of hobbies that make no financial sense, let me say this. The best money I've ever spent was the money spent on impulse buying the things I love, enjoy and pride. I may only dive a couple of times a year but I'll mention the equipment I own with pride everytime someone cares to discuss the hobby with me. Lastly, don't be foolish with your money. When you do buy something you're really excited about - get a good deal. I just spent Saturday shopping with Larry at ScubbaToys and got the straight facts about what to look for, what to aviod, some things to consider and when I finally made a decision (no pressure - I really like that a lot!!!), a great deal. No regrets here! I'm off to look at my equipment one last time before turning into bed with dreams of diving in my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom