Thinking about a Worthington X7 - 100 HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an X8-130 for the same reason, although I have lost weight and my air consumption has improved considerably.

The worthington tank is great. The additional weight is noticible on land/boat But I have a weight integrated BCD, so it is not that noticible since I use considerably less lead. I do not really notice it underwater.

I guess the main draw back with the bigger tank is that is a little less streamlined. I also start off the dive with a little more total weight because of the greater capacity of the tank. The tank also spreads the weight out more evenly. I think that I have manuever better. Over the course of the dive, I lose more weight do to loss of consumed air.

I am 6"2 and weigh about 220 lbs. I might feel different in about six months when I reach my target weight of about 180lbs

on Sunday, I did a dive at a local lake with about 4 lbs of lead and a 3mill wetsuit. I was probably overweighted a couple of pounds. I am curious what will happen as I slim up.

The tank cost about $389 from divesports.com

$329. bought mine with a package so i got two x7-100's for $527. ($264 a piece)

i think they are the balls.

$269 ... LDS matched an online price.

Back
Top Bottom