Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a buddy I will never dive with again....

We were diving a wall (600m bottom) with a group of divers, and he decided to see what 40 meters felt like :shakehead, nevermind the fact we were diving nitrox and he was past a pp02 of 1.5...

TheTrickster:

We were diving a wall (600m bottom) with a group of divers, and he decided to see what 40 meters felt like :shakehead, nevermind the fact we were diving nitrox and he was past a pp02 of 1.5...

He just started kicking down unnannounced? What was the dive plan? What % O2?

shadragon:
He just started kicking down unnannounced? What was the dive plan? What % O2?

Plan: Descend from rib at point on the wall, stay at 25-30m (dive was 30m max) along the wall heading SW. When getting around the corner head towards wreck, spend time at wreck, at 80bar start our ascent, send up SMB, await rib to collect us.

Nitrox was 30%.

One minute he was next to me, the next he is was below, must of dumped all his air I presume, he was going pretty fast!...I went down to say "Get up, get up"...but luckly someone was behind, and lower than me and dragged him back up, then he came back up and showed everyone his guages as if "Look how deep I went!"

TheTrickster:
snip... then he came back up and showed everyone his guages as if "Look how deep I went!"

My tale of woe concerned a diver just out of OW course who tagged along with me and a buddy. We went on a 45 foot dive off the local coast. We always do a 3 min safety stop regardless of depth before surfacing and we briefed that on the shore. The three of us did the dive with no problems and the new guy called the dive for air. We were all on a flat ledge at 14-15 feet. One minute into the SS I look over and the new guy is gone. I look over the edge of the ledge and there was his bubble trail. He was back down to 40 feet playing with a lobster. Me and my buddy were both :shakehead :shakehead. He surfaced with 200 PSI left.

For the last ten yrs my partner and I have been on a mission for the elusive Sea Underwear. It started in Nassau on our first anniversary - snorkelling along and we see - gasp!- underwear on the coral. Since then we hava a photo collection of our finds. Bras, and briefs and shoes mostly. The odd sock, though not common in the Caribbean.
Strangely enough, we just got back from Roatan and we only found one pair of boxers revealed on the shore at low tide!
Yes, we are weird; we've accepted that. Dive on!

Attachments

• sea-underwear.jpg
    sea-underwear.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 608
I've seen alot of undies "swimming around", but never any "drowned" ones. :D

TheTrickster:

i have never found a buddy that was ever there when i needed one.
I think the buddy system is sort of a nice idea like Communism but it doesn't work outside of the ropped off diving park at catalina. Mike Nelson never had a buddy that he didn't have to rescue or cut his air hose but i think having a buddy mainly makes you feel safe.
solo diving at night separates the men from the boys. Let them come after me if they have the stomach of a sperm whale and I will lead them beyond the courtain of fear and they shall become Neptun.
4/patfealy/shark1.jpg

patymeboy,

using Photobucket.com once you have uploaded your images to the site you will see three "tags" below each image. Click on the lower most tag and copy it and then come back to scubaDIRboard.com and click paste and it will drop in. Your just using the wrong tag.

"Let them come after me if they have the stomach of a sperm whale and I will lead them beyond the courtain of fear and they shall become Neptun."

You got me beat patymeboy, I am just lowly Nemrod, magical hunter of the depths!!!!

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom