Things to do in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many cultural taboos that people find poor taste. Cock fighting is just another. I say go for it - I'll post mine if you post yours. :wink: Just curious - where were you able to go to a cockfight? I've been to the arena in Tondo, and man that place is not somewhere I'd bring a foreigner!

I went to Rolagong Cockpit. Definately a shady area, but not too bad.

I think the locals respected that I wasn't afraid to be there. It seems like most westerners have an attitude about the cock fights. Because I don't share that attitude, I was accepted.

Suggest you stay also in Pasay Rd. It's walking distance to Greenbelt and Ayala Mall. Easy to get meals and anything you need in the mall. Cafe Havana is also a choice hang out of foreigners. If you want to go more local, there are lots of bars and restos in that same area.

Also suggest a Carlos Celdran tour. Walk This Way It's a theatrical tour of different spots of Metro Manila. Very very entertaining. He has lots of juicy trivial info of Philippine history...

Back
Top Bottom