Things to do in Jax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I may be spending time in Jax every now and then in the future. Other than diving what is there to do in Jax, like different activities and night life. I found a place that has horseback riding on the beach and I see that at the State Parks there is somethings to do.

Any other suggestions?

Just north of Jax is Amelia Island, as well as a whole bunch of other small coastal islands into S GA - we kayaked some of those islands about 2 years ago, it was nice. There is a place up there on Amelia Island that rents kayaks http://www.kayakamelia.com/ - if that floats your boat. :wink: You could of course hang out with Andy, he seems to spend a lot of time on here (kind of like me) and must need some diversions :wink:

these are my wife's and i favorite things to do:

1. spend day at St. Augustine
2. spend day at Fernandina Beach
3. walk on beach at Little Talbot Island state park
4. same at Hannah Park
5. same at Guana State Park
6. ride horses at Diamond D Stables (Normandy Blvd.)
7. go to the zoo
8. riverside historic homes tour
9. five points food walk
10. riverside luminaria (December)
11. sea kayak at Two Sisters Creek
12. same at Matanzas Inlet, St. Augustine
13. same at Guana Park
14. go to Atlantic Beach for the night and eat at any restaurant
15. same at Jacksonville Beach

restaurants you have to try:

1. BB's (San Marco)
2. Bistro Aix (San Marco)
3. Charthouse (Riverside)
4. Sunday Brunch at Biscotti's (Avondale)
5. Madrid Restaurant (Beach Blvd.) the only decent Latin food in town
6. Crush at Riverside (very pricey)
7. Athen's Cafe (St. Augstine Road) excellent Greek food
8. India's Restaurant (Baymeadows Road) excellent Indian food
9. Al's Pizza (Atlantic Beach) try their BLT pizza
10. Sand Dollar Restaurant (Mayport) very nice seafood

There is a zoo? Is it nice? I don't like zoos where the animals are in cages and sad looking. I like the more natural settings like habitats and such.

the zoo is sort of half and half... it's not a great one, but it's all we got

Wendy,Jax has one of the biggest park systems in the world.Several are Forts and the are some which are gardens.The prettiest of the parks I have been too is just south of Marineland on AIA,it's Washington Gardens State park.With a garden and intracoastal on one side and coquino formations on the beach on the other side.A large library system.Several universities that have concerts and shows.Several museums in the downtown area.There's also baseball and football teams during the seasons.There are quite few theatres both professional and local.A dinner theatre called the Alhambra which is very budget friendly at about $40 for dinner and a show.I think the Jax paper has a site at www.jacksonville.com Nice town,friendly people and a very diverse population which means resturants of every culture from Afghan to Vietnamese you can spend from $10 a head to over $200 before wine per person.Welcome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom