Things to do in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone looking to fish? Let me know, I'm good for a day of fishing anytime during the invasion!

I'm hoping to wet a line a couple times, if possible.

I started a thread to see if there is any interest in getting some people together to charter a deep sea trip on Saturday the 18, the day before the I return home. I'm going to bump it back to the top as I add a little new info.

I'm hoping to wet a line a couple times, if possible.

I started a thread to see if there is any interest in getting some people together to charter a deep sea trip on Saturday the 18, the day before the I return home. I'm going to bump it back to the top as I add a little new info.

Sounds good to me!

From Dive Paradises' Facebook page:
Make your summer diving vacation to Cozumel even more special by including a day for a life-changing experience when you swim with the whale sharks off the Yucatan.

You'll spend an amazing day traveling to Holbox or Punta Sam (depending on where more whale sharks have been spotted) - and them swimming with these mammoth sea creatures. You venture out to their feeding grounds in boats with a maximum of 10 total guests and then be dropped in front of their paths. Flotation vest is required (provided) or you may bring your own wetsuit (we suggest this for comfort).

The whale sharks magically appear out of the green-blue water in front of you (plankton-rich) and glide silently by. They can be as long as school busses with mouths wider than your arm-span. But don't worry...they're strictly plankton eaters :)

You can choose to cross the Yucatan by land (van ride which is, quite honestly, almost as exciting as the boat trip) or by air. Trips run daily weather-permitting. And we usually know a day in advance whether you'll be traveling to Holbox or Punta Sam.

Costs for 2011 are:

BY ROAD: (full day trip) round trip from Playa del Carmen. We provide 100% guarantee, so if you don't see any whale sharks...you receive a refund. > $185 usd per person.
> Transfers to/from Cozumel ferry pier and ferry fees to/from Playa del Carmen are NOT included.

BY AIR: (half day trip) This option doesn't affect you if you been diving a day before. These planes fly low so it is very safe for all divers > $289 usd + $25 usd airport fee per person.
> Transfers to/from the Cozumel airport are NOT included.

Interested?

Rigo is our chief Whale Shark Expedition coordinator this year and can be contacted here for more info or reservations: WhaleSharks@DiveParadise.com

Snorkeling with the whale sharks has crossed my mind MANY times, but I think I'm gonna hold off and use it as motivation to hopefully go to the Galopagos one day to dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom