Things to consider before booking Socorro Vortex liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicfx

Registered
Reaction score
Things to consider before booking Socorro Vortex liveaboard.

I am the very first guests of Socorro Vortex, however, due to delay of construction, my trips were canceled twice! So I have to rearrange my holiday twice and cancel my flights twice and lots of paperwork......I got a free Solomar V great white shark trip for compensation of my loss, but my Socorro Vortex refund has been received for more than 1 month! This is not acceptable.

Will you be able to combine an eventual Vortex trip with the free white shark trip?

I agree with you. I would not be satisfied but assuming you eventually get on the Vortex, it woukd be good to be able to extend your vacation to take advantage of the freebie shark itinerary. If that is not possible, then the freebie compensation is not acceptable.

Why can't they offer you a berth on Solmar Socorro sailing?

Will you be able to combine an eventual Vortex trip with the free white shark trip?

I agree with you. I would not be satisfied but assuming you eventually get on the Vortex, it woukd be good to be able to extend your vacation to take advantage of the freebie shark itinerary. If that is not possible, then the freebie compensation is not acceptable.

Why can't they offer you a berth on Solmar Socorro sailing?

They do offer me an option for free upgrade to higher glass of Socorro Vortex cabine plus free Solomar V Guadalupe within 2 years. However, because of limited Socorro Vortex spaces, when I want to reschedule to another cruise date, all of recent good timing(I mean Humpwhale season) were fully booked. This is not fair for early birds guests like me! I should have right to choose reschedled date according to my schedule. And the most important thing is my Socorro Vortex refund is not received yet. I do know they have financial assets suddenly lose due to delay of new boat launch, but that is not excuse.

The reason why I am not happy simply because the refund process is way too long.
The payment is all given to Pelagic Fleet company, and there is no third party involved.
I booked/canceled flight ticket and hotels by myself, and all their accountant need to do is verified the refund certificate I sent to Pelagic Fleet and the right amount of refund.
So I guess 1 month for refund processing is enough and very reasonable.

I am not sure if I should re-book Socorro Vortex on 2021.
Right now in my mind is to get my refund back ASAP and hope my complementary Solomar V Guadalupe trip will run smoothly.

Maybe look into Nautilus Belle Amie when you get your refund instead. My buddy did the Socorros on Rocio Del Mar and it was fine also.

both are probably mostly booked this year and next by now. If you're solo, maybe there's one spot left?

It's probably impossible to combine the two trips as the Socoorros trips leave out of Cabo and the White Shark San Diego/Ensenada (afaik) and they have to move the boat.

There's about a month between the end of Socorros in the summer and the start of the white shark trips.

Plus the humpacks don't show up until winter off Socorros afaik.

Back
Top Bottom