Things they don't teach in SCUBA school

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you wouldn't mind the smell of my wetsuit if I'm sitting beside you on a long boat ride?
I probably wouldn't notice any difference, but I do tend to sit forward in an open boat. Now jbjclj after he has been eating Asparagus might be a different story.

I cannot tell you why, I just know it happens :)

Maybe you are missing the point, or else I'm missing yours. The wetsuit and the reg may have been equally dirty after the dive (if you haven't peed in the wetsuit, and I'm assuming you have not peed in your reg), but you want your reg as clean as possible after a dive (to avoid salt buildup and corrosion) whereas your wetsuit doesn't care much how clean it is (others might of course). So you want to rinse the reg first, in the cleanest possible water, then the wetsuit.
A) gear is a lot more durable than you are giving it credit for.
B) Everything goes into the same plastic box Reg comes out first and then it goes in order of bulkiest out first, Wetsuit then BCD then everything else.
C) I rinse with water, not urine, so don't be so squeamish....

Regularly dive 48 degree water in a 5mm wetsuit with 7mm jacket.

I actively try to pee in my wetsuit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this conversations gone down the toilet

All I was trying to do was make new divers aware of how dirty the communal fw baths were on a dive boat and to avoid rinsing their regs cuz of the potential of urine in the bath me personally I won't ever rinse my reg in a communal bath

"Shore Entry and Exit - It is exiting that is difficult with the wave knocking you down repeatedly. "

Don't even try to stand up.

Just swim u/w and ride the surges until you can crawl out on your hands and knees, fins on. Each wave will assist you forward, and the backwash can drain out under you between waves.

All your gear remains in place, ready to use, not subject to loss, and keeping your hands free. Much safer.

Works on rocky shores too.

Do that in Bonaire or the rocky coast of Maine and you'll have broken gear and no teeth.....:wink:

Jim....

Sit in the truck on Bonaire...you'll see how to do it and how NOT to do it...ouch :hurt:

Rocky shore with waves/surge: Just did it yesterday. Get close enough to shore to toss away your fins so you have two hands to negotiate the mess. Best to cancel that dive (especially with 1 foot viz), but if you really want to get that last dive in have a good plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom