They Don't Call it the Treasure Coast for Nothing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A little boasting here. After 9 years of treasure hunting off the Coast of Florida in the Sebastian area, our boat has finally hit treasure! This past week was most productive. We found gold, and silver a plenty. I'm going to post a newpaper story with this. Quoted in it is my diving buddy Kim Glaner who rightfully is the spokes person for us. The two best finds are a solid gold 24 ct. bracelet weighing 1.3 oz. (valued at $30,000 to $40,000) and a very unique silver cross with what we expect to be onyx inlay. No value has been placed on this as nothing like it has been found before. We have also found a small silver box, a number of other items. My personal favorite is about the size of a quarter with the face of a cupid or baby on it. Once it has been cleaned I'll have a better idea as to what it is. As of now I think it is the top of a ornate spoon or fork.
Now I just can't wait until next weekend to dive again into history. :wink:

That's incredible, Congratulations.
How deep is the water you're working in?
Cjh

Congratulations!!! I can't quit my day job, but if you ever need extra divers for weekend duty, just PM me.

Great job! Thanks for sharing!
-Grier

We are working in close to shore in about 7' of water, blowing a hole down to about 14'. It's tough work, and vis is not more than 2'. You have to listen real carefully to the metal detector and fight the surge, but we are doing okay. The boat next to us "Gold Duster" also is finding stuff. Mostly silver reals, 1's, 2" and a few 8's. :11:

wow!!! all that work pays off, !! can we come and watch?????

Hey, sounds like you are doing great!

2' vis, that is a walk in the park.

Working that shallow in surge I would go to surface supplied with comms. No tank, no BC and a heavy, easy to ditch weight belt. Being slick makes it easier to resist the surge. :D

Have FUN!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom