They cancelled my certification course. =(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Realdiver... I do have the book and the DVD, and have read well into it, though have not watched the DVD yet. I will do that probably the coming weekend.

I guess it is positive, though. Now I have Sunday open for other fun stuff! =)

I know the disappointment. My Dive Master course has been postponed twice now. It was originally supposed to start in Feb. but the instructor couldn't get people to the formation meetings. Then, when she finally did, there were a couple of people (high school seniors) that asked if we could wait until they got out of school in May. Just last week I found out that it is now going to start in late July or early Aug because the guys don't turn 18 until then. It's a bummer, but I'm taking it as a blessing in disguise. More time to study & practice my basic techniques (& have a little fun on the side:D ). Hang in there, it's probably for the best.

DiverToBe,

How far up in NH? Seems surprising they'd cancel with 5 people as my local shop will run a class with just 2 or 3 people (I took an EFR course recently where my fiance and I were the only students)

If you don't mind the drive, there are a lot of shops in Northern MA that will run a class with just a couple students...

Diveshops aren't really in a position to turn away potential customers (in my opinion) and any perceived disappointment is a chance to lose a potential customer.

I know my LDS in NH has OW classes starting next week that are a definite go and still have room. PM me if you want more details.

Wow, sorry for the delay...

This is the one of the reason my wife, our friend, and I paid for a semi private class (just us 3). We also wanted the instructors full attention and didn't want to embarrass ourselves in front of strangers.
:wink:

I did my OW class w/ just 2 of us. We paid $225 each, which included pool time and instruction. Materials were $60 I believe.

I apreciate all the help and offers, guys, but since the shop is so close by I think I will just wait it out a bit.

Again, I don't know about the 5 person thing, thats just how it looks when I signed up, about 1 week prior to when the classes were scheduled to start.

When I go, I will ask for detail on why it was cancelled, and I will be sure to inform you guys of the real story.

this is where you whip out that fancy snorkle and beat them with it....

Have you considered a private course with a good instructor. Maybe get two or four people it may be worth while to the instructor. it may cost a little more for private lessons...but it may be worth it.....something to think about

diving is a business and the passion comes after.

I guess I should appreciate my LDS doning my OW with just me. Thats right, Just 1 student. My cost was $350.00 and I dont think that was too bad for private instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom