There is still hope...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YCW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Because of my love for diving and marine life, my 6-year-old daughter too has developed the love for them. Below is a drawing she drew last week, all from her memories of the pictures, books and documentaries that she has seen, thought I share it with everyone here:

That's her idea of a dive site. Well, with barracuda, octopus, crab, nudibranch, turtle, frog fish, hermit crab, star fish..., you certainly don't want to miss it :).

There is still hope yet for our future, educate the young...

Wonderful picture; wonderful images; wonderful youngster!
Thanks for sharing.
Rick

My nominee for picture of the week.

I remember doing childhood drawings like that. You've certainly got a future diver on your hands there!

My sister works for the World Wildlife Fund, and with her husband's support (and aided and abetted by me!) is teaching her children to love the sea. When we went to Ningaloo recently and snorkled with whalesharks, the eldest - who turns three this coming Friday - insisted that we have the DVD of the dive and snorkling we did that day played on continual loop. Watching it, the 18 month old - desperately frustrated because she can only say a few words so far - grabbed a brochure with a whaleshark on it and took it to her mother - emphatically pointing at it and then at the screen. She loves her critters!

Asked the soon-to-be-three year old what he wanted for his birthday. 'Whaleshark!' came the immediate reply. I'm decorating a cake for in the shape of one.

If they're exposed to this world early enough, most kids love it!

Frame it and keep it safe, so when your daughter is a mum, she can show it to her kids and explain what used to be in the ocean when she was little.

Cheers
Chris

That is an awesome picture. Yes, put it in a frame

Beautiful pic... Tell her we all said "good job"!

Maybe even show her the thread and we will have a future SB'er??

What a wonderful picture!!! Your little one just made my week...tell her I said thank you. :thumb:

Cool. I love all the little bubbles the fishes are blowing. Too Cute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom