Theme January 2006: Your Favourite 2005 Shot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was alone and I came around the corner by Spitting Caves and finally had the monk seal encounter (Hawaiian Monk Seal, endangered) I have been dreaming of for a couple years. I confess that it was extra beautiful because no one else was there and he flirted with me for a solid ten minutes. It was as though he knew how long I have waited to take his picture. He had this sassy mischievous look and was diving and spinning and clowning around. One of those spiritual experiences that I dive for! I am not much into nudi's and macro. I love the unexpected appearances out of the blue, they just really thrill me! He was really close, but I had the wide angle...oh and I had accidently left my strobe on.

Hmm...still looking for Kristin's fav of '05

catherine96821:
I was alone and I came around the corner by Spitting Caves and finally had the monk seal encounter (Hawaiian Monk Seal, endangered) I have been dreaming of for a couple years. I confess that it was extra beautiful because no one else was there and he flirted with me for a solid ten minutes. It was as though he knew how long I have waited to take his picture. He had this sassy mischievous look and was diving and spinning and clowning around. One of those spiritual experiences that I dive for! I am not much into nudi's and macro. I love the unexpected appearances out of the blue, they just really thrill me! He was really close, but I had the wide angle...oh and I had accidently left my strobe on.

Oh wow!!! I'm really impressed. Aren't Hawaiian monk seals REALLY endangered? Like only a few hundred left?

I have two pics that are my favorites without question. The first one is the fireworm. I had never seen one and the colors in this guy are great. I had the pic blown up and framed for my wall. The second one is my favorite because there were three wrays swimming by in the distance in a line. They were so graceful. I couldn't see them in the lcd but just kept aiming and shooting. When I downloaded them low and behold I had actually captured two of them.

Two for me too... fairly different images

First was from St Thomas, I love how good my camera seemed to work for Macro (second dive using the camera, so still learning about how to really use it on land, let alone underwater)
Small_St_Thomas_Underwater_064.jpg

And from California, I like this one, I like the lighting and the way the camera focused on the bubbles (completely unintentional)
SANY0062.JPG

Hi guys, My first posting.. Pics from Lembeh Straits, angel's window.. Hope you guys like...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom