Theme for May 17-23 ~Unwanted Guest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
It looks like it worked. Thanks again for all the help guys.
I was waiting for you to post something here SeaYoda...but I found your pics in the gallery. Got some goos pics there! Just wondering...they all have the words destin jetties..what does that stand for?
Aloha, Lisa

justleesa:
I was waiting for you to post something here SeaYoda...but I found your pics in the gallery. Got some goos pics there! Just wondering...they all have the words destin jetties..what does that stand for?
Aloha, Lisa

I edited the first post and it worked, I'll try it again here.

Destin is the town I dive in here in Florida. The Jetties are at the entrance to the Choc-taw-hatchee bay in Destin. I have taken all my pictures there so far. Several folks in the Southeast come here. I thought that I'd include the place in my title so those who know the place could relate. So far one person PM'd me that she had snorkled there. She was surprised to see the diversity of life there and we will probably get together for a dive on her next trip down.

Thanks for the encouragement :blush: , I've been cyberstalking you and Dee for some time. I just started taking UW pics and love it. I want to better Identify what I'm seeing and learn to take those great shots! I'll be picking your brain from time to time and I appreciate your patience.

Here's the pic from my earlier post

Some really interesting pics. Thanks everyone for the posts.

It's shots like these that get me thinking it's time I got a camera...

Hey Yoda!

Thanks for posting! Very crisp! Keep it up! It will be a year in November that I got my c5050....I can't get enough of it either. I get mad when my long "weekend" ends and I have to go to work and can't get in the water to take even more pictures!!!!

Smart move, posting the town. And a cool way to meet people too!

Aloha,
Lisa

This hermit crab poppet up when I was reviewing the picture of the Mexichromis porterae on the computer. Actually It's messed up the composition. But I also adds something I think.

ensenadadiver:
This hermit crab poppet up when I was reviewing the picture of the Mexichromis porterae on the computer. Actually It's messed up the composition. But I also adds something I think.

BAAAHHHH!!!! too cute! I think it's great!

I love those colorful pictures you guys have. I get excited if the fish around here are anything but white or silver. These fish are more interesed in staying alive than having their picture taken I guess. :eyemouth:

justleesa:
Have you ever taken that great picture and were surprised to see that you had an "Unwanted Guest"?

I took this, edited it, printed it kept it for about a year and only until someone mentioned "I really like those shrimps.." Huh??? what shrimps... so looked at it again noticed 1.. then 2... then 3... and a 4th one hidden in the anemome...
It's a dark one, but you can see 2 of them... so great surprise, and a "Wanted Guest"...
It happens.... It's like "Where's Waldo... the shrimp???"

Hint: at the bottom about 6 o'clock, 2nd one about 9am? or pm.. just joking... the other two are more towards the right middle.. but pic is too dark to see them..

Wow...talk about surprise! I can only make out the one up front!

justleesa:
Wow...talk about surprise! I can only make out the one up front!

Yeah, I lost'em too.. here's an "Enlightened version"
Belive there are 2 at the 6... one at apx 10 oclock about an inch to the left and the 3 or 4th is way out on the limb at about 9 oclock... Hmmm.. I thought there was another one back in the middle part, but don't see it...

Anyway, yeah, a nice surprise, can see them better when blown up.. but ya never know what lurks in the life of the "Underwater Sea".... a little dramatic here.. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom