Theme for May 17-23 ~Unwanted Guest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
I thought I was taking a picture of a hermit crab. I was in shallow water and the LCD was hard to see. I got home and found the scene stealer. I think the red eye effect adds to the artistic quality of the shot.

I'm new at adding pics to my post - this one did not show up -can anyone give me some guidance - thanks.
As Alcina says there might be a couple of reasons why.

Closing the upload window too soon, the file was too big. I know some people have trouble posting their photos and post them via a host website.
How did you try to upload? How big is the photo? Did you receive an error message?

justleesa:
As Alcina says there might be a couple of reasons why.

Closing the upload window too soon, the file was too big. I know some people have trouble posting their photos and post them via a host website.
How did you try to upload? How big is the photo? Did you receive an error message?

The file was too big. I've never done this before, so how do you make thumbnails or shrink the size? I have MGI Photosuite as my only editing software.
Thanks for the help!!!!!

SeaYoda:
The file was too big. I've never done this before, so how do you make thumbnails or shrink the size? I have MGI Photosuite as my only editing software.
Thanks for the help!!!!!
Always glad to help. I have read that all programs use the same names for tools etc so people can get used to new stuff quickly. I'm hope that this is a fact.
In my PSE program in the top tool bar there it says image. Click that and in there there will be another tool called resize. You can resize it with that. I usually email size it or size it to something like 600x800.

Hope this helps you!
Lisa

justleesa:
Always glad to help. I have read that all programs use the same names for tools etc so people can get used to new stuff quickly. I'm hope that this is a fact.
In my PSE program in the top tool bar there it says image. Click that and in there there will be another tool called resize. You can resize it with that. I usually email size it or size it to something like 600x800.

Hope this helps you!
Lisa

It looks like it worked. Thanks again for all the help guys.

alaity47:
Actually, I spotted him right away in the picture.

A weirder story is this one:

IMAG0002.sized.jpg

Jeff was all excited about the cleaner shrimp on the crittersl. I totally did NOT see the cleaner shrimp - don't ask me why - I just thought he was excited to see the lobster and eel hanging out together. To top it off, I didn't even see the shrimp in the PICTURE until he pointed them out! Just sad. Made me wonder about how much other cool stuff I miss out on underwater!

I really like the expressions you managed to cpture on both the eel and the lobster! They both have faces that seem to be saying something - very cool!

saf_25:
I really like the expressions you managed to cpture on both the eel and the lobster! They both have faces that seem to be saying something - very cool!
Yeah you're right!! Kinda like "Ahhhh...a little bit more to the right...yes, yes...there, aahhhh...gooood"

Mooseying along on a dive with a huge surge, I saw yet another octopus so took a shot...then, as I swept over him with the surge, I noticed just something wasn't usual.

There to the right was a hermit crab with his eyes sticking out! I took a couple of pictures of them both as I thought they made strange roomies...I know this isn't an "unwanted guest" but it's as close as I can come off the top of my head!

In the first picture it looks almost like a kind of grass sprout...I would have taken it as such if you hadn't told me...lol
Thanks for sharing!

lukeROB:
This photo is from my first ever use of my A70 underwater. This fish just wouldn't leave me alone. It just wanted to be in front of the camera. This is the first shot of a few, I went to take a picture of the bluespot ray, but who jumped in front just as I was pushing the shutter...
:laugh: This just cracks me up! The expression on that fish is like the hammy wedding guest that ends up in all of the photos!

Back
Top Bottom