Theme for May 17-23 ~Unwanted Guest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Have you ever taken that great picture and were surprised to see that you had an "Unwanted Guest"?
When I got home with this one I thought! Cool feather duster....but wait...there is something more!
or this one...only saw 1 nudi the first time around

LOL...peek-a-boo! Very cool!

This is not a great picture, except for the surprise scorpionfish hanging out in the anchor chain. We didn't spot him at all on the dive, Jeff just thought the kelp bass over the pile of chain looked neat!

IMAG0038.sized.jpg

justleesa:
Yup! there he is! How long did it take you to notice him?

Actually, I spotted him right away in the picture.

A weirder story is this one:

IMAG0002.sized.jpg

Jeff was all excited about the cleaner shrimp on the crittersl. I totally did NOT see the cleaner shrimp - don't ask me why - I just thought he was excited to see the lobster and eel hanging out together. To top it off, I didn't even see the shrimp in the PICTURE until he pointed them out! Just sad. Made me wonder about how much other cool stuff I miss out on underwater!

Wow, talk about a busy cleaning station!
I am sure we miss alot....just too much to see.
Thanks for posting!

And to think that some people 'still' don't understand how I could spend an hour within 2 or 3 feet of where I reached the bottom. :D

This is more good reason to go take lessons in sign language along with your regular buddies. Then you can tell each other what you are looking at. Soemtimes you are both excited over all the cool critters and see mostly or completely different things.

Some ideas for games;

1. How many critters can you see in this picture?
2. How many critters can you identify in this picture?

Great pics folks!

thanks

This photo is from my first ever use of my A70 underwater. This fish just wouldn't leave me alone. It just wanted to be in front of the camera. This is the first shot of a few, I went to take a picture of the bluespot ray, but who jumped in front just as I was pushing the shutter...

I thought I was taking a picture of a hermit crab. I was in shallow water and the LCD was hard to see. I got home and found the scene stealer. I think the red eye effect adds to the artistic quality of the shot :wink: .

SeaYoda:
I thought I was taking a picture of a hermit crab. I was in shallow water and the LCD was hard to see. I got home and found the scene stealer. I think the red eye effect adds to the artistic quality of the shot.

I'm new at adding pics to my post - this one did not show up -can anyone give me some guidance - thanks.

Dunno for sure but here are two things that can happen
1) you forgot to wait until the upload was complete and before it was listed in the little manage attachments section (then you hit Submit)
2) it was too large and was rejected (or was a unrecognizd file format)

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom