Theme for June 28-July 4....Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Getting Cleaned in the Tub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Cleaning stations are this weeks theme. Show 'em if ya got 'em.

acm.jpg

The turtles were hanging out on the San Pedro. I see them there often but this was the first time that I saw them being cleaned there.

This eel....what can I say...too much Botox?

Talk about your good timing! Took this one yesterday and was going to post it on the normal area...guess I'll have to look for others to post there.

This potato cod hung with me the entire dive (I finally left him to go see other stuff and when I came back, he was right where I had left him).

Don't know how this low res image will come out, but I was very happy with the original...all eyes on all four fish are sharp!

Uuuhhhh Alcina! Dat's a big succa! looks like he was getting the full treatment

Clay....How far was your lens away from the fella?
Both cool pics!

Hey, found another one!...two :wink:
I was waiting for everybody to get back on the boat when I noticed this goatfish hanging out by a rock. I went to look a bit closer and saw that he was getting a gill job. He was a bit skiddish and hurried off when he felt I was too close. But I guess he really needed to get the job done because he kept coming and going, coming and going....these are the two best shots I got of the whole episode.

Eeww is right. Also looks painful!

alcina....four in one is a good shot!

Clay....How far was your lens away from the fella? Both cool pics![/QUOTE:
That was taken with a 105mm, probably about 8 inches from the subject, which was the eye and goby. I guess the eel's mouth was about 5 inches from the front of the lens. -Clay

Ok, this isn't QUITE underwater photography, because I actually took it yesterday at the Long Beach aquarium. Pretty fun watching these guys, though; every now and then the unicornfish would get pissed off and chase them away (I guess gill-cleaning can be a bit sensitive!)

IMG_1724_small.sized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom