Theme for July 12-18: Color me perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, I thought I would give you a bit of a head start on this one because it requires a bit of work.

Not always do the colors of our pictures come out the way we like now do they? Distance and/or backscatter can make a good picture go bad. So turn them into black and whites, remove the backscatter and tweak the contrast and sharpness and then go back in and color them...a little bit or a lot, close to reality or fantasy. Have some fun and see what you come up with. I already posted this picture in the vintage forum, but this is what I started with,

20910original1.jpg

the black and white

20910black_and_white1.jpg

and the final product

20910P7080061.jpg

Since we don't have that many colorful fish, I thought I'd go for artistic rather than "real". I included a land picture just because I like it :D .

Very cool, Yoda.

very cool guys...

lisa, i just love that last picture... it's like classic 50's postcard coloring, and the
vintage gear clinches it... awesome

justleesa:
... then go back in and color them...a little bit or a lot ...
What do you use to select the skin areas when you color them, like in your final result?

i couldn't add color but i did enhance the pic after going mono.

47b4d933b3127cceb2514e61a87b0000001610

47b4d933b3127cceb2514ce8a8f30000001610

SeaYoda:
Since we don't have that many colorful fish, I thought I'd go for artistic rather than "real". I included a land picture just because I like it :D .
May we see the before pictures too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom