Theme for Dec 10-19: I'm Dreaming of a white Christmas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
:rofl:

The world's first "how to add backscatter" tutorial! :D
I used to think backscatter was a bad thing - I have now embraced my photographic niche. May the force be with me !!!!!

justleesa:
I know, I know, nobody likes backscatter, but sometimes it can be interesting:....

Here is a Christmas themed image that uses back scatter to advantage. I shot this in about 30 ft of water and 6 to 8 foot vis. The only edits applied are "crop" and a white ballance adjustment. The backscatter is all white sand kicked up by many pairs of fins. I used the built-in flash on my Canon A80.
24649ScubaSanta-med.jpg

ChrisA:
Here is a Christmas themed image that uses back scatter to advantage...
Looks kinda cold there.

SeaYoda:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (Wizard of Oz).
I'll share with you my secret formula for the angel picture if you don't think less of me :D. Below is posted the crop from my original picture. I cloned out the twig on the bottom then added some yellow and blue "lights" with the clone tool. I selected out the fish, added noise and did a radial blur on the background. I selected the fish and used curves and unsharp mask. I added some lens flares and there she is.

You're learning :D

ChrisA:
Here is a Christmas themed image that uses back scatter to advantage. I shot this in about 30 ft of water and 6 to 8 foot vis. The only edits applied are "crop" and a white ballance adjustment. The backscatter is all white sand kicked up by many pairs of fins. I used the built-in flash on my Canon A80.

Looks very christmas-ey :D

Back
Top Bottom