Theme for Dec 10-19: I'm Dreaming of a white Christmas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I know, I know, nobody likes backscatter, but sometimes it can be interesting:
20910white_christmas.jpg

On some of the dives I frequent, backscatter is a way of life!

Flounder.sized.jpg

Highhat.sized.jpg

All from Ft. Pickens Jeddies, between tides :)

That much backscatter? All the time...that is a bummer!

Here is another enchanted snow shot:

20910christmas_turtle-med.jpg

Since I complained about not having a theme, I thought I'd better post a pic.

26242christmas-angel.jpg

Yoda...your looks like a movie queen caught by the papparatzzi! (sp?)

Dee:
Yoda...your looks like a movie queen caught by the papparatzzi! (sp?)
This thread gives me a whole new outlook on backscatter - maybe a coffee table book of my best crummy shots should be in the works :D :D :D .

You know....this is actually a great example of spot focusing. When you get the eye in focus, it just draws you into the photo. This is without a doubt the worst case of backscatter I have every seen but look at the expression on 'her' face! The eye and gill plate is about the only thing in focus but it's enough to make me want to look again.

This was a great idea, Lisa!!

I love seayoda's shot - the detail on the fish and the blow out in the backscatter work perfectly...almost looks like she's traveling through hyperspace :wink:

The turtle, the little stripey fish and the angel look like they are getting the star paparazzi treatment!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (Wizard of Oz).
I'll share with you my secret formula for the angel picture if you don't think less of me :D. Below is posted the crop from my original picture. I cloned out the twig on the bottom then added some yellow and blue "lights" with the clone tool. I selected out the fish, added noise and did a radial blur on the background. I selected the fish and used curves and unsharp mask. I added some lens flares and there she is.

26242angel2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom