Theme 01 - 15 April, 2008: Camouflage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your pics make me want to dive Nor Cal LarryC...

What are water temps like up there? Would I be able to do it in a wetsuit?

Sorry I don't mean to derail...

Temps range from 46 to 55, and vary day to day depending on upwellings from the Monterey Canyon. You never know what you'll have till you get in the water. Most divers dive wet, generally 7 mil. The regulars (like us) who dive weekly almost all dive dry. If you don't have one that heavy, you can rent one at any of several dive shops within walking distance of the breakwater. If you're drysuit qualified (you'll want one for dives over half an hour) you can rent one of those too. Biggest difference besides the cold water is the additional weight that you need to sink the heavier wetsuit or drysuit-typically 20-30lbs. and the challenge of constantly adjusting buoyancy as your suit compresses at depth. Generally it's good to start with an easy shore dive, like the Breakwater, to get used to the conditions before you try a boat dive.

Nuther

196253888_236636bb3d.jpg

Ooh, that one is sweet, Andy. I love that picture!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom