The "X"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

October 15th, 2008
NiTek X In Production

All the parts are in stock and the first five beta production units are being assembled. These units are full production with 4th cell integration and download capability. I will have these back on Friday from the development team. The week after DEMA we will be in full production at Dive Rite with the first 100 units rolling off the production line. Another 250 will follow. We will then go to a normal production schedule.

The NiTek X is one of the few US-manufactured dive computers on the market and we are proud to deliver it.

Lamar

According to this schedule Lamars blog, shouldnt we be seeing the X hitting out LDS's in the next week or two?

Hey diverbob,

Thanks for keeping up with NiTek X. Actually, the first 100 units are beta units and won't be on retailer shelves. They are going in ones and twos to dealers in the US and abroad who have open orders waiting to be on the beta list. Pending feedback from this usage, we'll get into production on the next 250 units and those you will see on your LDS's shelf.

Sorry that wasn't clear from Lamar's BLOG.

PS: We are also now on facebook, if you want daily updates on the goings on at Dive Rite.Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook

Best,
Kathleen

can you have Lamar update his blog on the X? Been a month and a half since he has said anything. I have been without a tech computer for almost a year now, since I sold my VR3 in anticipation of the x coming out.

December 12th, 2008
NiTek X Update

Okay, so I know I keep saying itÃÔ close. YouÃÓe saying, ÅÚeah, yeah. Well, the NiTek X is here and we are assembling the first 100 units, which are beta test units. While we were waiting for the parts to come, I have been diving the X with 4th cell integration on the O2ptima. It tracks well with the HH controller and the display is easy to read.

The first 100 units are full production beta units. We want and expect feedback from the divers who purchase them. Our development team are all tech divers so we know what tech divers expect, but we want your input so we can be sure everything you need is there. Any changes on the beta units can be sent via Workbench and USB upload cables.

Lamar

Hi guys,

I've just updated the photography of the NiTek X on the website. Click on the link to see.

Also, we're in production on the first 100 betas. I shot some stills of Frank assembling this morning. Here is the link: NiTek X Production

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Cheers,
Kathleen

January 12th, 2009
NiTek X BETA Feedback

The first Nitek X beta units shipped before the holidays and the feedback was very positive. The Quick start guide alone was all that is needed to navigate thru the intuitive menu. Surprisingly no bugs were found. I didnÃÕ really expect any since we have numerous dives on the pre beta units. We have retuned most of the PC boards to Heliox for two user enhancements noted from the new beta users. 1) the switch from OC/CC mode will be a three second hold of both buttons instead of just the simultaneous push of both buttons. 2) The max depth will display below current depth in smaller numbers after it loses it position to show total time to surface when the X is in decompression mode. We will have the boards back with the enhancements by the end of the week.

Lamar

I got a Beta...first test dive(s) tomorrow.

Will these modifications be made to the 100 existing beta units, or just the next 250 batch?
Thanks.

January 12th, 2009
NiTek X BETA Feedback

The first Nitek X beta units shipped before the holidays and the feedback was very positive. The Quick start guide alone was all that is needed to navigate thru the intuitive menu. Surprisingly no bugs were found. I didnÃÕ really expect any since we have numerous dives on the pre beta units. We have retuned most of the PC boards to Heliox for two user enhancements noted from the new beta users. 1) the switch from OC/CC mode will be a three second hold of both buttons instead of just the simultaneous push of both buttons. 2) The max depth will display below current depth in smaller numbers after it loses it position to show total time to surface when the X is in decompression mode. We will have the boards back with the enhancements by the end of the week.

Lamar

Will these modifications be made to the 100 existing beta units, or just the next 250 batch?
Thanks.

Hi,

The modifications are on both the 100 beta units and will then become standard for the production run.

Good question,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom