The Whale Shark and the Bumble Bee Shrimp, Trip Report, Black Sand Divers - Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really finding it difficult to decide where to go next!!
Why not try Anilao... after Lembeh, Bangka, Tulamben, Ambon, all many times, that was a really nice change for me.
3,5h night flight Spore to Manila with Cebu Pacific + 3h morning drive.

Why not try Anilao... after Lembeh, Bangka, Tulamben, Ambon, all many times, that was a really nice change for me.
3,5h night flight Spore to Manila with Cebu Pacific + 3h morning drive.

I was actually tossing up between Anilao and Lembeh for this last trip, but decided on Lembeh...again. So yes Anilao is definitely on the radar. Glad to hear that you think it is a worthy alternative to the ones you listed. And it is quite close to Singapore.

wonderful pics mitch, really nice :) btw who took care of your toddler when you guys went on dive???

wonderful pics mitch, really nice :) btw who took care of your toddler when you guys went on dive???

Thanks Nike. We actually took our helper (live-in domestic helper) with us. Living in Singapore has a number of great benefits :)
We also choose places where you come back to the resort between dives. That way we aren't away from the little one the whole morning.

I'm off in 2 weeks for a 2 week trip to Lembeh and Bunaken (split 50:50). Been to Lembeh once before, but this time I'm going to tell my guide that a whale shark is on my list for the week :p I'm certain they'll be able to accommodate!

I didn't really have a list on my first trip there, and it was my first time muck diving, so I was kind of stoked to see everything for the first time. Now I'm a little more educated on the critters (and have a far superior camera setup), so I've got myself a small list. Really want to see the little green shrimp and a hairy octopus.

Little green shrimp is a guarantee if you ask, hairy octo is a bitch to find, still eludes me after 3 trips there! Enjoy

ah i see, wonderful arrangement isn't it :)

Thanks Nike. We actually took our helper (live-in domestic helper) with us. Living in Singapore has a number of great benefits :)
We also choose places where you come back to the resort between dives. That way we aren't away from the little one the whole morning.

AM--A belated second for Anilao. We've stayed at Crystal Blue Resort there twice now and I'd go back. I think Anilao is a a nice balance to Lembeh, meaning it's not the same but it does offer a similar level of impressive diving. Good critters, good coral. The variety is pretty exceptional for dive sites and almost all are 15-20 min. max from CBR or vicinity. You can do one tank on a well preserved reef and, w/out moving the boat, dive some intense muck diving 100 m away on your 2d tank.

CBR is stacked on a hillside, lot's of steps. You might want a "flatter" place for the junior dive trainee? (While I've really enjoyed diving w/ Mike B. at CBR the steps could be a factor with little ones.) Whatever, I'd bet you would really enjoy Anilao diving--and I know you would be able to add to your strong collection of images! // ww

Thanks Maat! Wish I could practice more!

WW Anilao definitely is on the list. The thing that interests me is having the opportunity to do some good WA colourful reef dives along with the great mucky stuff, a bit like Bangka really.

Well the steps at BSD were a really good training ground for the thighs! Its amazing how heavy a 10kg toddler becomes after 30 steps!!

WW I will PM you in the future when we start planning our next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom