The weeks events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It has been a little busy for us. Sunday was our annual Pancake Feed fund raiser for the team. Well worth the effort as we put just a few dollars shy of $6500.00 in the bank. That’s a couple grand better than last years.

We had a lot of displays for the public to see and play with. We have a Rubber Maid tub with dry gloves attached so people can try and find a gun and a knife mixed in with other items. We refurbished our dive tank which Lane B and I took turns in so people could see us diving and the kids loved it when we talked to them. We had a couple of boats and PWC’s along with the Side Scan set up for people to see and touch. Hands on is always a hit.

I took an old Unisuit and made a mannequin out if it that is dressed out in a MK1 hat. The Firemen have their “Fill the Boot” and we now have “Fill the Suit”. I don’t know how many raffle items we had but it was a bunch.

Good food and good attendance and we were blessed with good weather.

With record snows and record rain with near record heat better described as just totally screwed up weather we are now having a lot of flooding. So today we get called to recover a dock that has broken loose and hung up on the bottom. If it broke away from where it was it could have blocked a channel causing more flooding problems in the area. I was going to go but two of my FNG’s wanted to get wet so I let them. I was their safety and coach but in the end I DID get wet. :D

After a very strict briefing from me and several safety precautions put into place they swam out and a bit downstream to the dock. Once out there I tied off a nylon tow strap and they pulled it out to the dock. Once they got the strap around it they let the bitter end of the rope go with the flow to the bridge where some Firemen got it and hooked it to a tow cable. Then they were able to pull the cable from the truck with ease and hook it up. As soon as a strain was taken back into the water they went and swam back to shore. Then the tow truck was able to tow the dock to shore and eliminate the threat.

I will be a miracle if we don’t get another call this weekend even with the lake at NO WAKE and all the campgrounds closed. Even if your boat is in a slip you will most likely have to swim to it.

Vis right now? Flippin zero even in a glass.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom