The water starting to clear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry

Contributor
Reaction score
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
# of dives
As some of you may know, the water around Vancouver has been pretty bad for visibility in the last 2-3 weeks. My dive on Sat was pretty much soup until 50 feet. Even then it was crap until about 80 feet.

A friend was out in a differnt area from me on Saturday and actually swam face first into someone's mask.

Went out for two dives this morning (March 16) at the cut at Whitecliff and the vis was great past 20 feet! I could actually see! It was probably around 10 to 15 vis.

Hopefully the visibility will continue to improve.

Henry

PS, anyone up for a dive soon?

after my dive last Saturday at Kelvin's Grove, I actually believe that it's possible to swim face first into another diver... I almost did. Until about 30ft down viz was nil... a couple feet, maybe...

I was out at Kelvin's Grove on Saturday as well. Yeah, the first 30 feet had viz at about 2-3 feet. Below 30 feet viz was 20-25 feet and it was dark, due to all the bloom above. I thought it was pretty cool.

Bill.

While I think it is a visually funny image to see someone smack their mask in to another diver's mask (think of the odds on that one). I think it would've scared the crap out of me. I would've either drowned from screaming, or drowned from laughing.

Henry

hey you guys, i didn't know you could still dive Kelvin's Grove... I thought the locals were calling the tow trucks no matter where you park. I haven't been there in two years because of that.

tell me that has changed!!! please!

As you approach Lion's Bay from Vancouver, parking is located above the main highway. Not sure where as I wasn't driving, but it isn't restricted. Below the highway and closer to the dive site (Kelvin's Grove) there are numerous signs saying "resident parking only". There are one or two empty, reasonably sized parking lots with the same signs.

You have to drive down, drop off your gear, drive up, park, and then do the 10-15 minute walk back down.

Cheers,
Bill.

I was with a few buddies out at Tuwanek beach near Sechelt. Storm was brewing, started in soup, came around the back of the island to find 80' vis. It was amazing and totally unexpected.

I'm heading out friday night and probably saturday if anyone is interested. Due to time constraints we're probably going to be diving Whytecliff area.

Back
Top Bottom