The Walking Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I woke up catheterized once upon a time, and still groggy, thought it would be a good idea to remove the catheter.

It was not a good idea....

I'm just glad I have no memory of the installation process. The waking up to the tubes in place and the removal were bad enough. Supposedly I wrote a note to the ER docs requesting it to be done. Seems they misplaced it though when my wife asked to see it.

I have been intubated but was unconscious for both sides of the procedure.

Throat hurt for a few days though

I did that once. I remember having a discussion with the nurse about the removal, at least twice. When the Doctor showed up we had a discussion and well, I determined he was probably right. My exwife got the honor of deflating the balloon and the removal, It gave her great pleasure.
I woke up catheterized once upon a time, and still groggy, thought it would be a good idea to remove the catheter.

It was not a good idea....

Cath's not fun period. My sister in law is a nursing assistant and she has some hilarious stories about them and their removal. Always be nice to the personnel, as they could become absent minded when it comes removal time and "forget" to deflate the balloon or mebbe misjudge the amount of deflation.

Health care professionals would never cause intentional harm...

You are right LB. The ones that coined the phrase "you may feel some slight discomfort". Translation "this is gonna hurt like a mother, and I may or may not enjoy it".

Great that the Governor is back! He also was on the talking dead right afterwards, pretty good stuff.

Yes I really enjoyed the Gov. return. Interesting back story. I really expected him to kill the family though. Now it seems he has a replacement Penny.

Back
Top Bottom