The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had similar issues with restarting. Once after charging and once after syncing some settings. No issues in the water though and I've never seen the battery thing. I think without DM5 you can't confirm your residual nitrogen sorry but if your dive logs are intact and the date/time of them is correct plus you've fixed the "current" date/time then it should be fine.

For the battery thing, did you try changing the brightness and see if it fixes itself? If it says 55 on default what does it say in low?

Hello Frank,
I'm sorry for replying rather late:
As for the fault as such: It seems that it's caused by slightly loose cables (probably wet). We're confident that we've found a fix for that which will be released soon. There is no need to worry about the tissue pressure, since it's gonna restore the latest data saved + some slight buffer.
Indicated battery lifetime in terms of dive time left without recharging is a calculated estimation. It is highly dependant on the brightness setting, which makes huge difference on device's current consumption. E.g. it may have jumped a lot if before recharge the brightness setting was high and after restart it was set back to default. Also there might be small difference right after the restart, before the battery gauge calibrates itself.

br, Hendrik

We're confident that we've found a fix for that which will be released soon.

br, Hendrik

Does that mean the next firmware update will be out soon? Can you give us any idea what else might be in that update?

thanks for The Info, hendrik!

---------- Post added November 12th, 2015 at 11:35 AM ----------

hi chicken scuba,

I actually don't know the battery status for low brightness. default was 55, which never was before on default, and 29 for high brightness

0850cdbc31d0ab4d3b7b7316d1096b33.jpg

what is your Max Numbers for high and default brightness?

best
frank

Last edited:
Hi,
unfortunately I can't. Once the it has been fully validated and approved it will be announced.

br Hendrik

Hi Hupe,

I just charged her to see and I got 23h on High, 33h on Default and 45h on Low.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen higher numbers on Low in the past but I think it is supposed to learn as it discharges and adjust.

Hope that helps

So I've downloaded and dived the new firmware. Nothing earth shattering, my battery life has increased from 31 hrs on a charge to 40 ( using default screen brightness). Nice to chose depth and time for safety stop, and decide if I want deep stops on or off. Screen flip not applicable, dive planner okay.

alarms are still all on or all off, not dived multiple gases yet to see if there is any improvement on the way it monitors multiple tank pods

Jusr written to Nick at Mac Dive to let him know that dives done on Firmware 1.2 aren't picked up on the download - did a bulk download of dives, and only the last 6 done over the weekend on V1.2 aren't picked up. I'm sure he'll be happy as he had to spend a few days reconfiguring after the last update.

this weekend on a multi gas dive so if any imrovements are apparent I'll report back

Hi there,
thanks for the feedback, Diving Dubai... What's your opinion after the multi gas weekend?

Any more opinions on the latest update?

br Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

Will there be a setting where the 10' stop can be disabled? I'm a OWSI and when doing the CESA with students I am often making multiple descents and ascents. Upon returning to the surface the audible warning will chime for a few minutes. At one time even gave me a Floor and Ceiling stop for 3 minutes at 10 feet. We were only at 30' during these skills. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark Guinto

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry for the late reply. My RSS feed failed me. A safety stop will be prompted once you exceed 10m which is about those 30ft. At the moment this can't be disabled. Depending on the dive it may help to set the last stop depth to 20ft. This way you may be able to get this done while performing some practices. Another thing would be turning off tones which would apply to all tones though. This is not really solving it for you I know but it may ease the issue. I will pass on that this would be valuable function for instructors...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom