• Gulf of Mexico

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Caribbean

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • North Sea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that you confirmed what several of us were saying when you talked about CA being too cold. There's nothing wrong with being a warm water resort kind of diver, just understand that not everyone is. :wink:

Sure there are some nice wrecks in North America but does the diving really compare to Bikini Atol or Truk Lagoon?
Well, let's see:

The NE coast has German U-boats and other historic military wrecks. Of course, it's cold.

The Great Lakes have 18th and 19th century wooden sailing vessels which, being preserved by the cold, freshwater, have sails and riggings still intact. Again, this is cold.

In short, North America has world class wrecks, which stack up nicely to anything anywhere else in the world. The only difference is that the water is cold rather than tropical.

landlocked,

You're welcome.

scubaredneck,

Baikal has always been on my list of places to dive. I've dived in Siberia, but still haven't done Baikal. Someday...........

it would be Bikini. Specifically the Sara. That would be an instant woodrow IMO.

scubaredneck once bubbled...
I think that you confirmed what several of us were saying when you talked about CA being too cold. There's nothing wrong with being a warm water resort kind of diver, just understand that not everyone is. :wink:
Actually, I wouldn't know what a "warm water resort kind" is. I have never been to one. In fact, the furthest south that I have ever had a chance to dive is Utah. Check my profile. California sounds real good to me. (But, if money wasn't an issue..... ?) Accordingly, your above quoted "confirmation", oh mighty slueth, would appear to be a little......

....... WRONG. :eek:ut:

You know, there's nothing wrong with being a broken boat junkie kind of diver, just understand that not everyone is. :wink:

I do however, have an unrelenting desire to try a dive somewhere that I can see further than 10 feet. :mouth: (Yes, this is a slight exageration.) It must really be a kick?

Personally, I voted for Belize. The wife wants to get back to Malaysia (no, she didn't take me) and dive the Three Skies wreck.

So cast your vote oh wet one with the neck of red.

Gotta get to Truk before I die.

But Red-Sea looks relly nice. That's my experience so far.

The Sharem area, Ras-Muchmad reservation, the striats of Tiran as well as the shipwrecks at the entry to the Suaz canal , provide some of the most beautiful dive sites in the world.

Ari :)

I've been to a couple of cave systems in Fla. ( not my fav), even been to a mine system, been to quarries, been to the Grt. Lakes, (it's where I live) - Tobemorey, Staights, Alpena preserve (sooo cold), been to the Carib. (great viz, warm water :D ), been in the Indian Ocean off from Africa (big,big sharks), been to Red Sea (awesome), in June we'll be on Coral Sea off Australia (I'm excited), then on to Hawaii (it's hard to wait), since I think I can qualify to say who's a weenie, I'd say anyone who hasn't dove the places I have and say that one kind of diving is better.........
I'd say your a weenie if you haven't tried new places, even warm tropical ones. So far I would revisit, the Carribean (L.C.,C.B) and the Red Sea but in a different area, and of course our local area will be visited latter this year too.
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :boom:

5%. You people need to travel to the North a bit more.....

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom