The Ultimate Gear Table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm liking what I see so far - any body else have some ideas?

I set my tank(s) on the ground, slide in and sit down. Roll over to my knees and stand up from there. No fancy bench but the price is right.

MRF:
I set my tank(s) on the ground, slide in and sit down. Roll over to my knees and stand up from there. No fancy bench but the price is right.

that would absolutely kill my knees...no need for another surgery. i hear ya on the price thing though. if it weren't for the benches at the springs we dive, i'd be in trouble. well, there is always the back of my jeep. :D

gecko2gecko:
that would absolutely kill my knees...no need for another surgery. i hear ya on the price thing though. if it weren't for the benches at the springs we dive, i'd be in trouble. well, there is always the back of my jeep. :D
I don't have bad knees but that lift would probably send me in that direction in a hurry. I strained my calves standing up like that once - I'm much more conscious of potential energy now :D.

So are you donating your jeep for everybody to use?

SeaYoda:
I don't have bad knees but that lift would probably send me in that direction in a hurry. I strained my calves standing up like that once - I'm much more conscious of potential energy now :D.

So are you donating your jeep for everybody to use?

Everyone paying my gas and spring entries? In that case, we'll talk. :wink:

I use the tailgate of a 1993 Chevy pickup green in color. Just the right height. Just the right price since its already paid for.

I over heard this at the local outdoors shop. it's a backpacking idea but similar idea. Get one of the tree strap steps from walmart...looks like a small peg with webbing and a weblock. since it's easier to pick up the tanks infront of ya. setup the peg on a nearby tree or upright pole (new use for the no fishing signs!!!) and then hang the tanks off of the peg at the right height and then just back into the straps and then lift off. If your diving in an area that is populated by trees or telephone pole this would work. I'll have to see if it'll work next time i'm out.

Try here:
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20049&hasJS=true

Also try any hunting or outdoors store

offroaddiver:
I over heard this at the local outdoors shop. it's a backpacking idea but similar idea. Get one of the tree strap steps from walmart...looks like a small peg with webbing and a weblock. since it's easier to pick up the tanks infront of ya. setup the peg on a nearby tree or upright pole (new use for the no fishing signs!!!) and then hang the tanks off of the peg at the right height and then just back into the straps and then lift off. If your diving in an area that is populated by trees or telephone pole this would work. I'll have to see if it'll work next time i'm out.

Try here:
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20049&hasJS=true

Also try any hunting or outdoors store

That tree step idea is a good one! I might try making myself one of those and giving it a try.

I want to see pictures of the tree strap process, sounds intriguing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom