The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just silly.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

I never saw anything like that, must have been in chat threads where they didn't really count anyway.

Thanks! It was a motivator to keep on track.

I also liked being able to give out those thanks to folks.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

You might just be right.

Thanks!

Who cares? What possible difference could it make?

Thanks!

Thanks! (I think you meant "couldn't.")

Of course not because it is not possible.

Thanks!

Well maybe Pete getting rid of the thanks button has accomplished what he wanted. It seems to me the vast majority of posters here:
A. Liked the thanks button.
B. Didn't care or didn't understand how it was abused.
C. Think Pete is wrong.

I have found myself agreeing with people I almost never agree with. I have seen some very intelligent points of view, eloquently posted and obviously well thought out. There has been some slight bickering but most seem to be in agreement. Congratulations Pete you have united the board!

Well maybe Pete getting rid of the thanks button has accomplished what he wanted. It seems to me the vast majority of posters here:
A. Liked the thanks button.
B. Didn't care or didn't understand how it was abused.
C. Think Pete is wrong.

I have found myself agreeing with people I almost never agree with. I have seen some very intelligent points of view, eloquently posted and obviously well thought out. There has been some slight bickering but most seem to be in agreement. Congratulations Pete you have united the board!

I agree with you that the Thanks should not be removed (or rather, B, I don't care) BUT I hardly think that anyone who complained about it is going to post publicly about it :wink:

I agree with you that the Thanks should not be removed (or rather, B, I don't care) BUT I hardly think that anyone who complained about it is going to post publicly about it :wink:
Just curious why you say that. If I have an opinion that I feel strongly about, I have no problem stating it and defending it. Are you saying that the people who opposed the thanks button are cowards? :confused:

That's just silly.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

I never saw anything like that, must have been in chat threads where they didn't really count anyway.

Thanks! It was a motivator to keep on track.

I also liked being able to give out those thanks to folks.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

You might just be right.

Thanks!

Who cares? What possible difference could it make?

Thanks!

Thanks! (I think you meant "couldn't.")

Of course not because it is not possible.

You DO realize, Walter, that you just thanked a whole bunch of non-existent people ... at least as far as SB management is concerned.

We're not part of that apparently silent majority who PM'ed NetDoc thanking him for removing the Thanks button ... therefore it doesn't matter what we think ... or what we contribute.

Welcome to the new ScubaBoard ... POV Warriors need not apply ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Are you saying that the people who opposed the thanks button are cowards? :confused:

No, I didn't say that.

Maybe we should have a "F*@k You" button ... betchya that one would get used a lot ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would use that one.

Implying?

The only thing I was saying that people who did not want the Thanks button may not feel comfortable posting about it here. I did not imply any reasons behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom