The Tall Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!

I bought a Zeagle Brigade from ScubaToys last year (actually, I learned that my dive shop bought it from ScubaToys and sold it to me), and I have been really happy with it. It is durably-constructed and intuitive to use.

I am 6'2", but I have a longer torso and shorter legs than most people my height, and find that the bottom of the velcro cummerbund hits me just above the navel. It seems like if it could fit me lower, it wouldn't ride up as easily.

I usually extend the shoulder straps in the front as long as they go in order for it to fit as low as I can get it.

The top part is labeled "L", and the bottom part is labeled "XXL".

I noticed that where the two halves connect, there are three straps just under the velcro backpad. Are those meant to allow me to adjust the torso length? It looks like I can lengthen them by about 1.5 to 2 inches, but the velcro wouldn't meet up anymore. Is there a part I can buy to bridge the gap, or is this not the right idea? I'm just not sure what the right approach is :)

Thanks in advance for the advice. I love your product!

You almost have the right idea.

Sounds to me like you got the wrong shoulders on your Zeagle.

The Zeagle BCD's have a Personal Fit Sizing System, meaning you can put any shoulders on any waist, and any waist to any shoulders, this allows the length and width of the BCD to be adjusted to fit pretty much any diver.

From Zeagles Website
"A Zeagle BC should be worn low, with both lift and weight balanced over the diver’s center of buoyancy. This allows the diver to float easily in any position on the surface and to have complete freedom of motion underwater. It also allows the BC to fit more comfortably, keeping pressure off the diaphragm, and greatly reduces the feeling of restriction that is common with many BC's."

And about the PFS sizing
"What’s the Personal Fit System?
People come in more than five sizes- the Personal fit System is a system of interchangeable components that allows your Zeagle dealer to custom fit a buoyancy system to your body and your style of diving. In addition to fitting waist size, chest size, and torso length independently, we can adjust the style of various components and the amount of lift in the buoyancy system to match the type of diving you do."

Have a look at the size chart for the Ranger to figure out what shoulder section you should have on the BCD.
http://zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=HeavyDutyBC&src=gendocs&link=Ranger

Cheers
Chriso

You can adjust that section a little, but it is not really designed to be a 2" adjustment.

If you are not over-pulling the shoulder straps, which would make the vest section come up, then I think that Chris probably has the correct answer - the shoulders are a size too small.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
You can adjust that section a little, but it is not really designed to be a 2" adjustment.

If you are not over-pulling the shoulder straps, which would make the vest section come up, then I think that Chris probably has the correct answer - the shoulders are a size too small.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks guys! Do you know whether it is possible to exchange the shoulders or buy them separately?

Sure it is... too bad you didn't come straight in to us when you got it... we're pretty darn good at getting the sizing right. Just bring it on in, we have every size shoulder in stock, and we can sell you a new set and put them on in about 5 minutes. Then if you want, you can hop in the pool and give it a test dive.

Back
Top Bottom