The stress of packing for a dive trip….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan, Honduras for our annual stay at CoCo View Resort. My father-in-laws health problems kept us from any trips since last years Roatan trip, it's been a year since I tasted salt water! That's one reason for the anxiety...I am SO ready for this trip I don't want any snafu's. But my senses have returned, I'll have a great time no matter what does or does not get there. As someone said....I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff!

(((((((((((((Sending Dee safe, calm, stress free vibes)))))))))))))))))))))

Have fun GF!

:balloon:

Imagine the added hassles if you were taking kids along!!!!!!!!!

Hey Boydski, who is the entity that offers that lock you were talking about? (combo for user but airline security, and professional thieves, are the only ones with the skeleton key)

JAG

I have always "carried on" my camera. My wife and I however alway check our scuba gear. We have a large duffle on wheels that will hold all the gear for both of us. We always lock it. Of our last four out-of-the-country trip, only once did inspectors open the "scuba" bag, and then they put in the note, and seal it with a plastic tag. We use "cheap" locks on the bags so if they get cut off, we haven't really lost anything.I always carry a few extra, so if the lock gets cut off on the flight out I still have another for the flight home. We only ever check two bags, the scuba bag, and a clothes bag, wich is an identical duffle. I feel safe about our equipment doing it this way. Then I can carry my cameras as my carryone and my wife carries the books and snacks! I pack our scuba gear two days prior to departure, double check it, and lock it up. This way I know when we get to our destination, nothing will have been left behind.

Dee:
Roatan, Honduras for our annual stay at CoCo View Resort. My father-in-laws health problems kept us from any trips since last years Roatan trip, it's been a year since I tasted salt water! That's one reason for the anxiety...I am SO ready for this trip I don't want any snafu's. But my senses have returned, I'll have a great time no matter what does or does not get there. As someone said....I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff!

I am sure you'll have a great time... with or without camera gear: my last trip I lost my Nikon battery charger :( and hence only had the camera for 4 dives out of 22 :((
But I rediscovered the joys of diving without having to bother about getting beautiful shots !

More and more airlines are implementing weight limits for carry-ons. I've been hit on Philippine Airlines and Malaysia airlines. I pop my computer out of my reg, carry on camera/housing/charger, laptop and MP3 player. everything else goes in luggage. I've done 9 international trips in 5 years, and so far so good. A lot of airlines will not cover lost electronics in checked bags (learned that the hard way). Have always figured I could replace anything I lost or have it overnighted from the states.

Regarding locks, at least at LAX after they check the bags you can lock them again. I've done 4 trips since 9/11... Malaysia/Philippines (x2)/Honduras again.. no problems. My take is to always wave good bye to your stuff and figure it's the last time you see it.

Dave

I just know she's enjoying the sun, fun and salt water..... but just in case a few more comforting thoughts woudn't hurt.

Hope you're enjoying your self cuz....

Back
Top Bottom