The Rum House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The Rum House is available for cave divers.
$80/night---WIFI, TV, Pet friendly, 10 minutes to Ginnie Springs, 30 minutes to Little River, 45 minutes to Peacock.

The place is about 1/4 mile from Rum Island park on the Santa Fe with a beautiful spring!!

Cave Dive Florida - Rental property at Rum Island

TR-Kitchen2.JPG

TR-LR2.jpg

Bump

Just wanted to post that I stayed in the Rum House for a week between Xmas and New Years.

If you're doing a lot of diving at Ginnie, this is definitely a great place to stay! Quiet, clean, and everything works. Not a whole lot else that you can ask for in cave country to be honest. Ran into @Capt Jim Wyatt and Gwen on New Years Eve when I was working in the morning and had the door open for fresh air which apparently caught the attention of the outside security camera, whoops!
If you're staying here, there may or may not be ice in the freezer depending on how nice the previous tenants were, so if you need some the first night you may want to bring some with you.
Cooking utensils are a bit limited, so if you're doing a lot of cooking and are driving in you may want to bring some with you, but that's normal in any rental house. It certainly has enough to get by and I left a pair of tongs there for anyone using the grill.

I usually couch surf with @The Chairman which puts me closer to the caves that I am normally diving in that area, but when I have a bunch of diving scheduled at Ginnie like this last trip, I will definitely be coming back

Thanks again Jim!

A friend and I stayed at the Rum House for almost 3 weeks. It had everything we needed (but a dish drain which I bought and left for the next renters). I loved having my own bedroom and bathroom. It has covered parking for 2 vehicles and plenty of places to hang gear. The washing machine and dryer are a plus. I'll be back for future dives. Thanks Jim.

Thanks for updating that, Jim. It's a nice place in the middle of Cave Country!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom