The results are in... I finally got into the pool to test these lenses KRL-01 vs UWL-09 Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SO when I look at retiring the RX100 I will definitely be looking for a camera that the works with the Inon UWL-H100, which means it will likely be the RX100 Va.

How is the FOV of the UWL-H100 without the dome extra?

Thanks
P

Hello everyone,

So i literally just came back from my first diving trip using LX10/15 with Nauticam housing and AOI UWL-09 PRO and i really love the simplicity of this setup.
However, i found this wide lens problematic and quality on the edges is horrible! I am not sure if this is "normal" or this is something not right with my lens.

Few examples:

1: Look at left and right edges of the photo, nasty blur
48816214122_b5787ffb7e_c.jpg

2: Look at the right edge of the photo:

48809997792_c1a7b6c525_c.jpg

3: Best example clearly visible on left and right edges:
71376777_10215142283846153_8633251905570603008_o.jpg

So these blurs are not just a DOF, DOF in LX10/15 is different and can be recognized. Also i have plenty of other images where clearly this lens is not performing.
On previous photos in posts above, i don't see this effect (at least not to such extend) so i am starting to believe that it might be my lens.
Any suggestions how to deal with it?

Yup that is not right at all.

Other than zooming in a bit more (which defeats the purpose of the WA lens!!) you could go to your local underwater photo shop and ask them to help. It may be the lens is sitting slightly too far from the port....

Try different lenses.

@brajan : if you research this board and elsewhere you will see that the issue of using wide-angle lenses with compact cameras like the LX10 is discussed extensively. Sorry to say but, given the fact that the LX10 is a 24mm lens, I think you are going to get this blurring/softness and/or vignetting with any WA lens unless you zoom in substantially. That is why I returned the LX10 and now shoot the Sony RX100 Mark 1 with the Inon. I have mentioned before that Bluewater Photo has a great article on this entire subject; I also would note that they don't really push the LX10. FWIW.

Based on my extensive experience on wet lenses I have to say the only one that has got something in the design to fix blurred edges is the Nauticam WWL-1
Because this lens has been designed and tested on MFT Cropped sensors and even full frame this the only one that works properly
The other lenses can be acceptable up to 1" sensor like the Sony RX100 but fail miserably on an MFT 2x crop onwards
I am afraid is a matter of spending $$$

Just to complete this topic a bit more, few additional test photos:

1) LX15 + Nauticam (No wetlens)
AGgr6T3zj7oijHZiAgkirhIZWQ8Lr76GfR0EEY2Kds8yfQWe35wpT3zqGORvLxrLY5IIRq6gBH8_xCn5Jc=w1406-h937-no.jpg

2) LX15 + Nauticam + UWL-09 Pro
2tzwZU0x1A7q498pnGNX8yZ9xqjuRsTCydHHph5aG0PEteLiHmkNuGjsKYfRLf5ZF1H-8DgHjvSHEoU0mo=w1406-h937-no.jpg

3) LX15 + Nauticam + UWL-09 Pro
_ua1rg2I74ss1AsuLYHFvqrEi2BB92iY1chycTT5JtvFa8Y-smTlwzYfS4NgP7_3t7TVer_jwEnka-bQOI=w1406-h937-no.jpg

Editing limited to adding yellow areas to highlight the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom