The Pit is the pits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The whole mystique of slugging through the jungle to find a virgin or little visited cenote really loses something when hundreds of people have been there before you. There are plenty of lesser traveled caves to explore. The pit is no less beautiful regardless what the parking lot looks like up top. If you want a lesser traveled destination go to Jill's chamber in the Pit. Go see the Wukulla room. Not too many people have been there. If you want a cool picture for your facebook wall hike your doubles about 50' off the parking lot and you'll be in jungle.

The whole mystique of slugging through the jungle to find a virgin or little visited cenote really loses something when hundreds of people have been there before you. There are plenty of lesser traveled caves to explore. The pit is no less beautiful regardless what the parking lot looks like up top. If you want a lesser traveled destination go to Jill's chamber in the Pit. Go see the Wukulla room. Not too many people have been there. If you want a cool picture for your facebook wall hike your doubles about 50' off the parking lot and you'll be in jungle.

For what it's worth, I have also been keenly following the trip reports you guys have made in regards to the cave/sump exploration on VI. I sincerely hope to one day get out there and do some underwater cave exploration. The logistics and the amount of work it takes are part of the appeal for me, because as I stated, that is all just part of the adventure in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I have also been keenly following the trip reports you guys have made in regards to the cave/sump exploration on VI. I sincerely hope to one day get out there and do some underwater cave exploration. The logistics and the amount of work it takes are part of the appeal for me, because as I stated, that is all just part of the adventure in my opinion.

One of the guys who has done quite a bit of cave exploring on Vancouver Island refers to any cave that already has line in it as a "used" cave :wink:

One of the guys who has done quite a bit of cave exploring on Vancouver Island refers to any cave that already has line in it as a "used" cave :wink:

Sounds about right to me! =P

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom