The Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat, West Papua, Indonesia | 4K VIDEO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am happy to share my latest video - a fascinating story of Max Ammer, the pioneer of scuba diving in Raja Ampat, West Papua in Indonesia. The Raja Ampat is called, by many, the Last Paradise on Earth.

Listen to the story of collecting World War II relics, training local people and working with them to build the resort, and conservation efforts of Max and his partners. Fly over the most beautiful place on Earth and dive the richest reefs on the Planet.

ENJOY.

Fantastic documentary video!

I love diving in Raja Ampat. My 10th time would be this December, if the International travel is open again, especially for people from USA.

Fantastic documentary video!

I love diving in Raja Ampat. My 10th time would be this December, if the International travel is open again, especially for people from USA.

Good luck with your trip in December! I hope to go to RA in 2021.

This guy is a legend in Papua. You should ask him about his first resort that burnt down. He literally created Raja Ampat diving!

Max did not tell me about the first resort. It is an interesting fact. I will ask him next time. Thank you for sharing links to two resorts.

Thank you for watching my video and your comments, Joseph. You chose absolutely the best place in the World for your Honeymoon!
I hope that the World will get opened for travel by March.

First time we stayed at bungalow Sentani 2, and the second time in Sentani 3. Both are in perfect location, but Sentani 2 has a little bit more trees in front. You could watch my video-screensaver with views from Sentani 2 and the restaurant:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom