The OTHER dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the information

Looks like I'am going to have to head off to Bowen Island before the summer end.
And good luck with the wreck at BB sounds interesting but still way way to deep for me, good luck with that.

Sintax604: I've been really busy these last few mouths with trips back to Nova Scotia, camping and passing my diving medical. Hopefully i'll be able to start going out again during the week in August. Hope things are going well

I still haven't found a place with more octos. I just dove Octopus City in Powell River and it still does not have as many octos as Caulfield.

Where are you finding the octos at Caulfield? There isn't much in the way of den real estate...
The best site I've found for octos is Mt. Gardner dock. My last dive there I counted 8. Most were young (small) and not very adept at hiding so it made spotting them pretty easy. And this was in the middle of the day!

Just an FYI i have learnt that fishermen lurk on here and when we mention where all the octos are they go and clean them out.

Slam and sintax, email sent

Just an FYI i have learnt that fishermen lurk on here and when we mention where all the octos are they go and clean them out.

Slam and sintax, email sent

Wow, that's disturbing. Thanks for the warning (and the info by PM).

So this being winter, I assume that Caulfield Cove would be a good dive site for a change of pace?
Where have all the octo sighting been? in relation to the entry point?
99north

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom