The only one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica:
Ah, the Sea Tiger. Wonderful wreck with amazing visibility. I froze my buns off there though in my .5 mil (hey, I thought it was gonna be like diving in Saipan's 80 degree waters....). Is that huge frogfish still hanging out there?
The water is warming up now....about 82F. The other day we had over 100' vis. The snorklers were able to follow the divers from the surface...it was excellent. And the frogfish is still there. He moves around so ya gotta hunt a bit. There has also been a group of 6 Rays gliding around. Time for you to come for another visit :wink:

Dee:
It's so colorful. I'd like to have one of those shells but I bet it would take an arm and leg....if they aren't protected. They probably should be.
In the Hoover book it says
Unfortunately, these snails are now uncommen, possibly due to over collecting.
I think it's like with cowries, it depends on the size - if you can take them or not. I'd rather leave it and hope it's there the next time I come around :D

Really nice pictures Justleesa (as always). Its amazing what people miss when they dive. I always tell people here in the UK to slow down and especially with the low vis, look closely for the small things. I hate hearing people say there was nothing to see cos of low vis, when if they slowed down and took the time to look for small stuff they could see lots and lots.

justleesa:
The water is warming up now....about 82F. The other day we had over 100' vis. The snorklers were able to follow the divers from the surface...it was excellent. And the frogfish is still there. He moves around so ya gotta hunt a bit. There has also been a group of 6 Rays gliding around. Time for you to come for another visit :wink:

Please send my free air tickets by FedEx! :)

Glad to hear the frogfish is still entertaining divers there. 82 degrees? Dang, I'll definitely have to go there in the summer next time.

Scubapauly:
Really nice pictures Justleesa (as always). Its amazing what people miss when they dive.
Thanks Pauly!
When I come up and show the pictures they wonder if they had been on the same dive as I have.

marpacifica:
Glad to hear the frogfish is still entertaining divers there. 82 degrees? Dang, I'll definitely have to go there in the summer next time.

Yes, in Summer the vis is way better but the whales are here from November - May.....it's not always fair...:wink:lol

I agree.... I got so tired of burning air when try to get someone and show them a spectaculay find... I just got to the point when that happened I would enjoy it for myself and take as many pics... then when it came time to surface and get back on the boat, I would hear half the group saying they didn't see much.. I laugh. Then I pull out the camera and show them what they missed.

Great Pics!!!

a strikingly colored 6x10 inch mullusk lugging along the deck of a shipwreck hardly qualifies as "small stuff". What amazes me is how many divers actually miss the OBVIOUS stuff!

In this case, it's probably best that they missed it. After all... things happen for a reason... right? I can just picture some bonehead trying to stuff this monster into his BCD pocket!

Thanks for sharing a great moment and some fabulous photos!

Scubapauly:
Really nice pictures Justleesa (as always). Its amazing what people miss when they dive. I always tell people here in the UK to slow down and especially with the low vis, look closely for the small things. I hate hearing people say there was nothing to see cos of low vis, when if they slowed down and took the time to look for small stuff they could see lots and lots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom