The next generation in DPV technology - Logic Dive Gear Genesis 600/1240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the 1240 an upgrade of the 1200 currently advertised on your website? When will you post the specs of the 1240 on your website with the prices?

Seeing as how the 1240 reference in the title is from 2011, I'm going to go with 'just a naming convention SNAFU'

Seeing as how the 1240 reference in the title is from 2011, I'm going to go with 'just a naming convention SNAFU'

LOL, just noticed the original date. I thought it was something that just came out :)

I'm wondering if a 600 can be upgraded to a 1200 by buying an additional battery and tube?

I'm wondering if a 600 can be upgraded to a 1200 by buying an additional battery and tube?

Yes, the tails are the same between the 600, 1200 and 1500. To change between them, you can get the different length bodies and larger batteries. However, the 1200 batteries are not simply two sets of 600 batteries.

Cheers,
Jon

Any plans to add a battery gauge to the scooters? From all of my research the Genesis DPVs strike me as the most innovative and forward thinking DPV on the market by a country mile, but yet even they don't have a battery charge indicator.

Given how much trouble they can get you into and the loss of battery life over time, it feels like the olden days of diving with out a SPG, and relying on a J valve to tell you when you are out of air, only this time there is no J valve....

Thats why I bought the 1500 after suffering through unsatisfying trigger times on my cuda 650. I have never worried about run times on my genny. I think Jon cooked up an onboard computer thats still in the testing phase though. Saw a pic on another forum recently and it looks slick. Also gives more info than just remaining battery iirc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom